|My universe is cracking!|
This is my Thursday Thirteen, which I have not done in a long time, and which, unfortunately instead of a thankfulness list, is reduced to a reality to do list! (As a background, before you read ahead, this house was completed in 2006 so she does not yet have that patina of charming old age.)
- Front door knob not turning easily and slipping on the catch and door can swing open--I am sure that is how that mouse got in!
- Large burner on range not auto-lighting - using a match
- Deck steps to back yard are sinking to one side or I am having too much wine
- West wall on garage is cracked near door - probably sinking
- A few inches of taping on front room ceiling (two stories up above my head) coming loose due to a nasty storm years ago
- Taping in guest bedroom ceiling coming loose now
- Gate not hooked up to electricity, waiting on budget ease to hire electrician as we have given up on the solar panel option
- Some smoke alarms need to be replaced in basement and top floor but cannot find plug-ins that match
- Wine cooler not working (Yes, I see the small violin you are playing.)
- Water pump has low pressure--called for repair yesterday. Repairman came and fixed it in an hour. We were told it could have cost $1900, but our repair was only $100. (Thankfulness #1)
- Gutters need cleaning badly and I will not let hubby up on the ladder and it is not in the budget for right now
- Window in right guest bedroom does not close easily--so I no longer open it!
- Driveway pavement needs cracks filled AGAIN!
Next Thursday Thirteen will be a thankfulness theme...I promise!(Thankfulness #2 ease on the future budget is that most of the spring vacation has been pre-paid.)
Post Script. Regarding Blogger stats: My most visited post (2394 visits) was this Thursday Thirteen back in September 2012... in case you are curious.