Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thursday Thoughts #36---13 Things That Annoy Me



The world if full of annoyances which if not ignored will drive us to tearing our hair and screaming into the night sky. So we ignore them as best we can. Today I will list some of my favorites.

THINGS THAT ANNOY ME  (Listed in the order in which they burble to my consciousness...nothing 'pops' into my head anymore):

  1. Salad Kits.  These can be found in the produce section and they are plastic bags filled with chopped greens, and perhaps, a plastic bag of dressing as well.  I do admit that if you do not know how to chop lettuce you should stay away from knives.  But a SALAD "KIT"?  Puhleeze...just shred the lettuce with your hands and buy a bottle of dressing.
  2. Any 'Housewives of'  Television Show.  No further comment, except if you enjoy these you need to go to more of your family reunions for entertainment.
  3. Comments from My Children on How I Spend My Time.  Yes, I do spend inordinate hours taking and processing photographs.  Why does no one comment on how much time a chef spends perfecting his skill, a weekend boat builder in spending years on his hobby, your husband and his sports related stuff?
  4. Cleaning the kitchen sink and finding 5 minutes later it is covered in tea leaves.  Enough said.
  5. Lowfat Yogurt.  This stuff tastes like something weird and certainly NOT yogurt.  Ice cream and yogurt have to have fat in them or they are not worth eating.
  6. Plastic Wine Stoppers.  Real cork has been proven to be the more environmentally friendly way to go and metal screw on tops have been proven to be a better way to seal wines for aging.  I HATE plastic wine stoppers and you cannot tell you have one until you remove the aluminum wrapper and spend an hour trying to pull out the stopper!
  7. Provocative clothes for any girl under 14.  You can complain about childhood promiscuity and the danger of pedophiles...but if your kid wears a bikini or tiny skirt I am ignoring you.  If your 14-year-old wears white skin-tight slacks I am going to hit you up the side of the head.
  8. People who assume you have an open book in front of you on your lap because you are bored and want to talk to them.
  9. Congress.
  10. Picky Eaters.  Wasted time trying to plan a meal or choose a restaurant that makes them happy.
  11. People who read over my shoulder.  I apologize, but it is a quirk I cannot contain.  Hubby knows better!
  12. Mosquitoes after the rain.
  13. Late Acceptances.  After inviting my son and his girlfriend down for the 4th two weeks earlier and not hearing from him we gave up and decided to head to the city for fireworks.  He calls at 1:00 that very afternoon and asks if he can come down with his gal!
Anything particularly annoying for you these days?  (The oyster photo has nothing to do with this post...isn't that annoying?)

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can add to this list! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can go along with these - and add to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In random order (I laughed aloud at your burble/pop comment):

    Inconsiderate drivers. ALL cars come equipped with blinkers. use them.

    Cheap zippers that don't work. Zippers are supposed to work - that's the whole point of them!

    Ancestors that seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth without record and census takers that can't spell or count. (Of course, all of them are deceased which makes the process of uncovering or scolding them even more annoying.)

    Tissues that shred at one good blow.

    A vacuum cleaner that refuses to follow in a straight line but instead hangs itself up on every chair leg and obstruction in the way.

    There, now I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:13 PM

    I am laughing too hard to add to the list!

    Oh! Here is one-
    What did you do today?? (from husband)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Constant, tuneless whistling and jingling change in ones pocket grate on my last nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgetting where I put the cell phone, and having to call it from the land line to locate it.

    Unfailingly getting the cart with the wobbly wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a list!

    I too get most annoyed with people who read over my shoulders. And with starngers (or newly made acquaintances) who ask too many (nosey ) questions about my life and intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People who make lists about their annoyances. ;)

    I'm kidding of course, and can relate to many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My list would be similar.
    Yes, people that are late and people who do not do what they say they are going to do.
    Added to your list. And I am forever losing my cell phone and misplacing the landline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny! Many dittos here and some I didn't know I had as pet peeves until I read them here. As far as how I spend my time, I explain that the computer is the new typewriter. Typewriters got so much more respect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thing that's annoying me the most just now is the stiff hose that kinks up when I water and knocks over plants.

    And there's the constant annoyance of the way the Tea Party has taken over the American flag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. People who don't use turn signals.

    People who keep sending stupid or hurtful political email after I ask them not to (politely).

    Drama queens (both women and men).

    ReplyDelete
  13. A laptop that decides not to work properly, just because it is a holiday machine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I could relate to each and every one of those. Way to go!

    Oh I might add, "Bloggers who obviously didn't read your post and tell you 'That's a fun post' and you had written that a pet or loved one died."

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really gross photo, thanks. LOL

    5. There is a Greek 0 fat yogurt that beats all the others out there fat or no fat: Chobanni.

    9. Should read Government. :)

    Teens. Just be glad they aren't yours. Not one kid near us wears loose jeans....except the boys and men. LOL

    Drivers who use their cell phones while driving. Cell phone users who answer while with friends. Cell phone users....ah, me of small mind.

    Young folks who cannot parallel park.

    Oh, this is good stuff.....

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.