Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #25---Brain Dump

  1. You know that it has been raining way too many days when you wander into the kitchen to turn out the overhead light and realize it is the sun shining through the skylight.
  2. On gray rainy days do not attempt painting trim when the color of the paint selected is antique ivory and it is going over builder's white. I guarantee you will end up touching it up at least three times.
  3. You have reached Zen when your daughter explains that they had made too many plans to celebrate Mother's Day over the weekend, but could you come up and babysit next Tuesday?... and none of this really bothers you including not hearing from your son until Mother's Day late afternoon.
  4. I actually saw a catbird land on a stick near the bird feeder and the stick flipped and ended up 'goosing' the nearby squirrel. That was so immature funny.
  5. You know that you are an elder when most arguments with your husband are about who forgot what.
  6. I could not remember the name of a place my hubby took me to a few months earlier and so I said "Aren't you glad you married me for my figure and not my brain?" (This is funnier if you know I am mostly angles instead of curves---well maybe sorta funny.)
  7. Then this brought up a discussion of a prior girlfriend of hubby's who did have hooters and long blond hair and no brain and who actually got a degree in medicine by using those assets. Makes you think about looking at your doctor more carefully before you choose 'her'.
  8. I am using the dog whisperer's advice on mental energy and body language and it seems to work as I was the only one that did not get head-butted by the goat at the farm we recently visited. Next I try this on my grandchildren.
  9. I never ever in my life thought I would say I would have time to actually see spring in all its stages, but I had time this year and I am very glad.
  10. I have been an ardent science fiction fan since back in the days of Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke. But I am especially fond of Rosenberry and am wondering if I will like this new Star Trek movie. It appears the director was not a fan of the Star Trek series that came after Captain Kirk. Ahem? Oh well, I am going to see it anyway.

15 comments:

  1. There once was a man who decided his wife was not really ignoring him but might really be deaf. So one day he tried an experiment. He entered the room while she was looking out the window and he said, "Would you like chicken or fish for dinner?" There was no response so he thought he might be right that she was deaf. He went to the middle of the room and repeated, "Would you like chicken or fish for dinner?" Again there was no response. So he went right behind her and asked, "Would you like chicken or fish for dinner?"

    She turned around and said, "For the third time, chicken!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too early in the morning to laugh so hard. Great post Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me laughing before I've even had my morning coffee. That's not an easy feat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will spend the day laughing out loud at the squirrel. We have an unusally large "herd" of them this year thundering across our roof, a little cosmic payback is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the part about taking the "Dog Whisperer's" advice re the billy goat and applying it to the grandchildren.
    Mine are probably past the body language stage now. 8, 10, 10, 12, 15 and 21 on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need a number 4 in our lives. That's why I watch those silly AFV. I have to get my laugh in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your #8 made me LOL; however, the Hooters girlfriend with the degree in medicine made me cringe. I'll think twice before going to a busty doc from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um....where does this blonde doctor practice? Just wonderin'..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I never realised that we have The Dog Whisperer and a certain era of sci fi in common!

    I feel that Cesar is an enlightened being (whatever your definition of that state is) and blame my older brother for my taste in books, I just picked up what he was reading and was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! We did trim in semi-gloss linen over satin linen on a rainy day. LOL

    We always argue over memories.

    I can't wait to see that movie. Remember "The Trouble with Tribbles?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh dear I enjoyed that!!

    Especially loved the bit about your figure being all angles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried the dog whispering techniques on my dog when he was young. They didn't work well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, one of my son's called a day late on my birthday.

    And Joe and I quibble all the time about those very things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bird-squirrel goosing made me smile too, Tabor. Watching punk blue jays playing dare with the white-wing doves at the fountain works for us.

    We're also planning on seeing StarTrek - may not be the original but it sure sounds like fun.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.