Sunday, December 17, 2023

Nostalgia

I am amazed every holiday season, but perhaps this one more than others, at how fast time is moving and how my days are truly numbered.  Age creeps up on humans like a snail from across the meadow, but when that snail is within eyesight, you can really see that it is MOVING!!

Below is a photo I took about six or seven years ago.  That sweet tall boy is now in college!  Being the worrier that I am, I used to worry about him living on a busy street and now I worry about him rock climbing.


That sweet girl on the right is now a young woman cheering on the high school football team, and the little tiger in the lower left plays flag football and gets A's in math.

My heart gets so full of love for them that it brings tears to my eyes and makes me realize how very lucky I am this holiday season.  And it does not go without saying I have a sweet new girl to follow as the snail follows me.




  

My life moves slowly like the snail and his life is on uber speed.

10 comments:

  1. And that says it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time either crawls or it moves at lighning speed. I don't think there's an in between.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my entire family here yesterday: my two kids and my two grandkids, plus something new, a girlfriend. She was sweet. I once again hosted the cookie fest. but with a lot more help this time. My "kids" , ages 50 and 48, realize that I need more help now, and they came through. But still, we HAVE TO do this at Grandma's house, and as long as we can, we will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt that rush of time so often lately, and knowing it's essential to cherish every moment we have with our loved ones. I am also filled with gratitude and love this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The days are long but the years are short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. death certainly smacked me in the face recently. when I ponder how close I am to the end I always think I've got 20 more years (hopefully) but oh how fast those years go now. but recent events shows I may only have a few more years. Let's not think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are well and truly blessed, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree the end seems to be rushing up to meet us. It is lovely to have family visit. We are lucky to have our daughters and grandsons to visit this holiday season. They have to fly from Melbourne and it is not cheap.Enjoy your family and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do miss our children and grandchildren. They all live so far away and are growing up much too fast for me. I can't believe my children are reaching middle age. How can that be? Have a wonderful new year, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.