Sunday, October 09, 2022

A Quick Review on All


A brief update on it all. While my husband and I had finished two vaccinations and one booster and were waiting to schedule the new bivalent booster, we caught COVID as I wrote in the prior posts.  We reviewed our activities and the most recent was an outdoor festival where we met with people interested in gardening.  Outdoors and mostly 4 to 6 feet away (but no masks) and we talked to close to 80 or more adults and children.  This virus is very, very, very contagious and it gave me new insight into those who have health issues and must avoid the virus at all costs!

I was sick for about 5 days and felt weak for a few more.  Sick being a fever and fatigued.  No coughing, no chest congestion, no loss of smell or taste, but certainly shortness of breath.  I finally tested negative on the 7th day. Hubby was very similar, but his similar symptoms lasted 14 days before testing negative.  Yes, we are very lucky that the vaccines work!

Now we must wait for two to three months before we can get the new bivalent booster as our immune system is triggered (I guess).

We have planned a trip up north to Michigan to visit my husband's half-sister who will be celebrating her 94th birthday.  He has not seen her in decades although they talk on the phone.  We will wear masks if the family gathers in significant numbers or there is concern about our germs.  Another road trip and at least this time we should not get COVID as I hope our immune system has rallied us.  This does not mean we cannot be carriers, I will have to research.

The good thing about it all is that while I was forced to stay home I was able to complete a bunch of to-do things on that list that some of us keep and then ignore, such as cleaning out that nasty corner of my closet.    I also finished reading a number of books:  "The Personal Librarian"(historical fiction about the personal librarian to J.P. Morgan), "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe", and almost finished "The Book of Joy:  Lasting Happiness in a Changing World."  It is about the friendship between Archbishop Desmon Tutu and the Dalai Lama.  As you can see I am bored easily and do have eclectic tastes.

I wish you all well and will now try to catch up on blogs.  I also hope to document those I cannot comment on.


but think I have figured that out.




14 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating us on what's going on with you and also the nature of the current Covid strain. We are scheduled to get our booster next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Important information reading a first hand account of covid. So much of the pandemic feels distant, especially now towards the ending where seeing masked faces are so rare.
    Prayers for y'all's good health

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the health update. I'm glad you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you and hubby were sick with Covid. Unfortunately it is still around... and although many get over it without having to be hospitalized, some do not. One of our neighbors and his family caught Covid this summer. All got over it but Dan, he died. This is just a reminder that we need to watch out for those whose immune systems aren't strong enough. We still wear our masks, even though we are vaccinated and boostered. It doesn't hurt and could help. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten the newest booster yet but definitely will as no one around here wears masks. I was a little concerned about the wedding we went to last weekend but there were only about 60 people and it was indoor/outdoor and the indoor space was big for the number of people. At any rate, I haven't felt sick so I guess I didn't catch it. Love both your photos but that sunset is awesome. Fire in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you both came through Covid so well. We had Paxlovid, recommended here for our age group. No shortness of breath though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunset photo; I could feel my blood pressure lower! Sorry the sneaky covid found you. Yep, I still wear masks everywhere but in my car, in my apartment (which has an exterior door,) or outside without any nearby people. Glad you're on the mend. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our province had 326 C-deaths in September this year compared to 220 last year, and that’s with new meds in place.

    I would say that you don’t bore easily if you can be entertained by the books in your list, for they are not exactly page-turning whodunits. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are on the mend from your Covid sicknesses. I got my third Covid booster two weeks ago and will get the flu shot today. I am old enough that I fear I would be quite sick if I got it. And hubby is immune compromised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am waiting for the new booster that protects from Omicron Covid. It is supposed to be out this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always interested in hearing how Covid effects different people. A friend, in her 60s, who has it at the moment is unaffected except for lethargy and loss of all interest in her artwork. I hadn't heard of that before. Glad you have recovered and caught up on some reading. That is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are mended from Covid. I had my fourth injection a couple of weeks ago, alongside a flu injection. We all queued in a long line and I was quite worried how old some of the people were and not able to stand for a long while but it all went successfully in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to learn you and your husband haven't been well, Tabor. From the sounds of it, you are both on the mend now, which is great. Keep taking good care. Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you caught Covid. Lucky you were not too sick. Good luck on your next road trip.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.