Saturday, May 14, 2022

Today I Am in Midsomer County

I have spent way too much time re-watching the Midsomer Murder TV series. I do try to exercise while watching to justify, but I got my second COVID booster shot on Tuesday of last week and for the first time since I have been doing these shots, I got very fatigued. Just felt like sitting in front of the TV after a short nap. Hubby slept the entire day! 

Yes, we are elders and no one should be surprised. I was surprised as my first two vaccines and the first Booster did not give me any side effects.   I was pretty non-reactive.

Today I feel as if I am in some cottage garden in England.  It is misty and foggy on the river and there is no sun because the gray clouds are drizzling spring rain everywhere.  This should be posted on my other blog about the great outdoors, but I started here on this blog!

Spring rains and an abundance of flowers.  Below is our native geranium.





Above my "rose arbor" just like the flowers in Midsomer.


Poor Iris always want to bloom when the rains are so heavy!



The yard is full of columbine that scatter their seeds EVERYWHERE.

And below is a photo of one side of my house, that I think DOES look a bit of a Midsomer Garden...wonder if there is a body down that foggy hill to the river?





17 comments:

  1. Careful what you wish for..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I agree with Liz.
    Beautiful yard. Your iris resrmbles my all time favorite, yellow center with maroon outer petals.
    This year as my irises are blooming in hot weather, their perfume is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I like your bits of Midsomer. I've watched the show for ages. Can you believe that I have those little birds also? They are not "outdoor" birds thought. LOL. Your flowers are lovely. As lovely as a Midsomer Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There should be more Midsomers coming up sometime this year. We are currently re-watching Endeavour. There should be more of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that the second booster sometimes sets people back. But maybe it's worth it if you get to watch some guiltless TV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Columbines are one of my favorites, they could film Misomer at your home, it would fit perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh English cottage garden for sure! And this is the best time for them as they erupt in growth and carry on through June. We kinda gave up on Midsomer. I liked the old actors better and now they are showing them all in one sitting, with way too many commercial breaks. We have them recorded for were continually fast forwarding and backing up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We get our second boosters later this month. Hope you feel energized soon!

    You summer green is out in its full glory. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also enjoy Midsommer although they do have a surprising number of murders for a cozy small village.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring into summer is beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely yard! The only columbines that naturalize here is the yellow. There is a small red and yellow native but I've been unsuccessful in getting it established. That's a really nice iris. I just got some bearded iris from the garden club plant sale but I don't know what color they are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've yet to get the 2nd booster, but do plan to - probably next month. The others didn't bother us much... just a sore arm and slept the next 2 days with either the 2nd shot or the booster (can't remember which now). Your flowers are beautiful and I love the area around your house... the trees and landscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am seeing the iris beginning to bloom here. They are such a lovely flower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely shades of Midsomer in your rose arbor and side garden. I think that series is popular everywhere. Guess a 2nd booster will be on the cards for us here before too long - but no talk of it as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have completed the entire Midsomer series and am tempted to start over. Definitely a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I am new to your blog. Glad I found it. I've watched that series twice and yes, your garden does look
    like it's in an English village. Pretty and serene.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.