Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Big Yawn, Big Sigh

I am exhausted. Could it be that it is because I got both my Second COVID booster and a DTap shot today? Surely that is not the reason. 

Could it be because I have my electrician friend here working on a mercurial outlet on the deck that jumps the fuse that also goes to my new freezer in the basement? Could it be my concern because this dear man has lost his job with a big utility company because he failed to follow up and inspect a job that he had assigned to an underling and that meant some customers went without electricity for 30 minutes? He was the man I wrote about earlier who helped us and we helped him as he got out of jail and reunited with his family for new beginnings. 

I am exhausted. Could it be because I wanted to take a nap after my shots and now I cannot because he showed up?

I am exhausted.  Could it be because I was lifting moving and standing the former two days on my feet setting up, being available, and taking down the plant sale for the County Master Gardeners and being outside one whole day in the cold and drizzly rain--- a sale that brought in more money than ever this year?


I am exhausted.  Could it be because the very next day, Sunday, I was summoned up early that morning by my son whose wife gave early birth to a new baby girl, 4 weeks early, who is now in NICU but should be released in a few days? (So lovely!)


I am exhausted.  Could it be because last week I invited over a friend for lunch that we had not seen in years due to COVID and I ran around trying to make everything hunky-dory instead of just relaxing and enjoying company?  She is an excellent baker and I did feel intimidated.

I am exhausted.  Could it be the lovely post Mother's Day dinner I had with my daughter and granddaughter at the lovely Mediterranean restaurant near their house?  Followed by the very long drive back home.

I am exhausted and I know spring is getting away from me.  Still so much weeding and planting to do!  I need an 8 or 9-day week!

Sorry, I am not going to read your blogs to catch up.  I now have to find a manual for my electrician.

16 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted and I know why -- long drive from Florida to VT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any one of those reasons would knock most people out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amnesty to read my blog when you wish and ignore when you wish. Congratulations on the new baby, she is beautiful, and good luck getting rest and getting your spring planting done. Also, prayers for your electrician friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on new grandchild! She's a beauty.
    The plant sale, being outdoors like that all day, is exhausting big time.
    Prayers for Everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been too busy! Beeuutiful baby! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of your reasons for exhaustion are good things. I hope they balance the not so good, and the bone weariness you feel. I will post tomorrow why I am exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have every right to be exhausted. That is one long list! Congrats on your new baby, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder. Any one of those things would do it to me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes I try to catch up, sometimes not. No wonder you are exhausted. Time to take a day off, lock the doors, turn out the lights, no one home today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can most certainly "bless your heart". I too am exhausted with a long list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But fully boosted, with a new grandchild and the satisfaction of raising money for the gardeners, I think you'll soon feel reinvigorated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously, your problem is that you aren't active enough. You need more events occurring in your life to keep you busy. Now that I've solved your problem I'm sure you will rectify your situation by the time you write here next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I blame it all on the sheer exuberance of spring. Congratulations, what a beautiful little grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once you get your electrician settled in, come this way and sit in the san for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.