Saturday, April 25, 2020

Catch Up and Keep Up

I just realized that I am trying to find time to squeeze in a blogging post. I am not the type of person that can just toss something off the top of my head...well, I can, but it will sound like one of our President's monologues and people will quit reading here and leave scratching their heads.  It seems that washing vegetables, washing the mail, nurturing my spring seedlings, nurturing the perennials I had ordered with our unusually cold spring, keeping up with the laundry that may or may not be covered in virus, keeping in closer touch with family and friends who are near and far, and trying to plan meals with half the ingredients is taking up all my time and keeping me exhausted.

I should be less busy. But I had two Zoom meetings and about two dozen emails with tasks in the last week. I continue to order food online and that is harder than it sounds.  These online activities are exhausting for someone of my ancient age. It took me two hours just to organize one of my email boxes so that I did not lose important emails to the great black hole where all emails eventually go. I am exhausted from trying to log in to a Zoom meeting, realizing only my laptop has a camera (who in the hell needs to see my witchy hairstyle these days?), finding I have to go to the bedroom where it is quieter, finding the bedroom internet is not strong enough and trying to take notes when every 5th,6th, and 7th word is lost in static!  


Then I came across this article from National Geographic explaining why Zoom meetings are so tiring for many but not all.  

My daughter (who is not one of those meme crazy ladies and certainly not one of those chain challenge idiots) got me involved in a 10 days, 10 photos, 10 friends challenge on Facebook.  I spend hours trying to find meaningful photos and thinking about which 10 friends I would select...usually determined by which photos I find.  My daughter's birthday was Friday and she and her family had planned all kinds of things to do.  Online games with friends, a parking lot happy hour where they will remain 10 feet apart and eat and drink sitting in the trunks of their cars, and a movie night--online.  They just purchased a huge trampoline that takes up their entire backyard and the kids are in such good health using that.  My granddaughter has been heartbroken that she is no longer participating in cheer competitions with all the tumbling and balancing, and this is great for her.

I also was selected to participate in a View From My Window group on Facebook.  Fascinating photos of ALL types from people's windows around the globe as they shelter in place.  I am sure the administrators of this group will have a good book someday.  Through this group, I see bitterly cold winters, soft gentle spring views, and finally, some hot summer desert views.  I see lake views (pools, oceans, rivers) contrasting with high rise cities and barren alley views from all the continents and islands of the world.  Some of the best "window" views include animals---giraffes, monkeys, kangaroos, parrots, lambs, horses, etc.  (I guess I am spending too much time with this group.)

Today I am nervous as I will have to try to log-in to a live FB presentation and I still do not know how to do it.  I failed with the test yesterday.  I am supposed to support the person doing the presentation as a back-up to answer questions.  Since I am not the only support person, I guess they will survive if I do not figure this mess out.

I will leave you with a photo of the 'view from my window' but this is not the one I uploaded to the group.  I was in too much of a hurry and just selected something from my image catalog.  Yes, I dusted the table.




20 comments:

  1. Tabor, I love that view from your window... so serene. And you are apparently keeping very busy... maybe too much so (at least for me).
    My list of things to accomplish each day only consist of maybe 4 things - with a few extra on some days - but then possibly I'm not overly ambitious. But you do seem to have a lot to share, so please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post to read. Beautiful window photo
    I understand why the trending things to do to feel like one is keeping touch with family, friends, the world.
    Three weeks +/- into this stay home life, I forget for sure when it began. It gives me no comfort to know that much of America, now knows what others young and old, (me included in old) days are like. Being alone with minimal outside contact, is a serious problem in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty view. I cannot imagine you selected a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think of how much my world has dwindled being here at home, I am amazed that you are so busy! Good for you, and I do hope you are staying safe. I'm going to see if I can get linked to that Facebook page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely view.
    One day I had so many friends and family calling or texting that I really was thinking "can I get a moment to myself' which was kind of a ridiculous thought for someone living alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sighed deeply when I saw the view from your window. So beautiful. I am blessed with views of spring from my windows too. Having our gardens makes it easier to stay home and be happy.
    You are doing more electronically than I am, but with Face Book, blogging, and a Zoom meet up twice a week, that's enough. I am trying to blog post every other day now, but I may soon run out of topics. Our Zoom meeting have been frustrating because I spent too much time on the phone trying to solve other people's technical problems. WQe are hoping everyone gets it figured out soon.
    Just remember, you can say "No".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your view is lovely. I would be stressed by that much online stuff. Zoom is the one that has been infiltrated? Or I guess they fixed that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice window and nice view. we were trying to do our yoga class either with FB live or Zoom but out instructor finally gave up. it's just not fun by herself she says, talking into her phone. I don't blame her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish there was a way to get rid of that baby boomer hater! If only they had a view as you do from your window they would feel better, I'm sure. The world needs more beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, no, the world needs more people who see the beauty. There is plenty of it there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its hard getting used to a new way of life but you sound like you are getting on top of it. What a beautiful view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very fine exposure keeping the outside light tamed but the inside not too dark. Was it an HDR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No..just regular shot using the Aperture mode, it WAS to contrast heavy so I had to change that.

      Delete
  13. My wife and I were just discussing the very same phenomenon -- being so busy these days, when there's nothing to do. I just think humans are hard-wired to stay active and connect with people. Oh, and I agree, nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice view from your window,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tabor, we have been corresponding for 10 years or more and you are special to me :) I have adopted you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my favorite adopted sister!!

      Delete
  16. Having to do that much would exhaust anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you’re keeping busy and staying out of trouble. I’ve Skyped, do FaceTime but that’s all so far. Lovely window view!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.