Friday, June 14, 2019

Those Crazy Weekends with Young Adults

My daughter has generously planned a Father's Day weekend for my husband. He loves fishing and canoeing. So that is part of the trip. The cabin has a hot tub which daughter and her hubby and grands love...so swimsuits are needed. I am deciding what type of camera gear to bring. Also with my husband's tick issue, I am packing tick repellent, tweezers, and alcohol. I am packing a small first aid kit even though I think my daughter has one.

The weather is going to cooperate, so little in rain gear is needed.

I have packed water shoes and hiking shoes because...who knows?

Daughter asked for 6 camp chairs, 6 beach towels, and with sunscreen all goes into a large bag.

Hubby is trying hard to keep his fishing gear to a decent size.

Anyway, my point is that even though we are leaving today and coming back midday Sunday (48 hours), we have TON of stuff.  Definitely a first world get-away problem.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect week-end. We used to enjoy such times but situations changed and those no longer happen. Important to enjoy them while you have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend with the family. Perfect! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are addicted to our stuff aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's Day! Have Fun!
    I keep a bit salt with me for bug bites. It is amazing how it takes away itch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know that saying about how it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are just back from a little getaway, but I know what you mean by a ton of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I know how to travel light - until the destination isn't overseas. Then I seem to need everything including the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much more fun than being homeless. Yes, it's an occasion for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The main thing is having a great time. I hope all went super perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.