Monday, January 14, 2019

As Predicted

They said it was going to be a long and heavy snowstorm. I kept waiting on Saturday and nothing really was happening. It finally started at 10:00 in the evening when I crawled into bed. The next morning before the sun was up I opened the front door and saw this.



As the day wore on we got at least 4 inches.


Yes, it is lovely, but I had a doctor's appointment on Monday, and a 400-foot driveway and an absent husband and no snow service. So I put on my camouflage snowsuit and got the shovel out of the garage and proceeded to carefully move and lift the heavy wet snow in at least the first half of the long driveway. It looked like below at the end of the three hours.


I was tired but not exhausted as I got this far so decided to rest at the gate and save the other third or so for the next day. During the early evening, the snow began again and dropped at least another 4 inches.  When I woke up Monday morning this is what I saw.


Frustrated, I called the Doctor's office, waiting almost 45 minutes to get an answer, and canceled my appointment as most others were probably doing.

I am not going to shovel right away today.  There is possible melting this afternoon, so maybe I will wait and see if the sun helps me.  There is always a good side to focus on and that is no aches and pains, so I must be staying in shape!





18 comments:

  1. You did well to have come through all that work without aches and pains! Hope it melts some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that is a lot of shoveling. Good idea to have back up call when start and stop shoveling. I put cell phone in sealed plastic bag in a deep pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! If you did that much and are still feeling fit as a fiddle, that is a good thing to discover. Hoping the sun's rays help your task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful but I'd cancel too. I can drive in the snow, it's the other ninnies I fear, ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the way it often happens, i'm sure. We don't do snow well down here at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of shoveling! And not even hurting afterwards. Impressive. Now just enjoy the beauty while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are obviously in shape. Bravo. But is it time to get a snow service for your driveway....or at least a snow blower machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, do be careful. Three hours is a very long time to shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise choice to cancel the appointment. I don't envy the snow much of the country is getting. It can be a big inconvenience especially when sometimes power goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what do they call that? an exercise in futility? well, at least you got the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny still. There's another one coming your way now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Oh my! Beautiful photos, but what a disappointment that it snowed again. That always happens to us....I tell my husband, we have all-wheel drive...why not let the driveway be free and snowy all winter! lol. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure must be in good shape to be able to shovel all that snow. How depressing to see it all there again on the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did your driveway melt?
    Yes, Paul did three years at Art Center LA when it was the big arg school. In the end, he hated commercial photography. He gave it up, tossed all his negatives in the yard, and I thought destroyed all his photos from those early years. He spend the next thirty some years sculpting in stone. He got his next two wives doing it too. His son, by #3, sculpts beautiful things much like those he did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, he made a living as an artist?

      Delete
    2. As a sculptor...yes. And the "arg" word is "art." LOL

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful snow!! I live in Pittsburgh so I can definitely sympathize with the shoveling and then having to shovel again! HA! We have been blessed with very little snow this year so far but I am sure that will change soon! I am now following you - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got alot more than us!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.