Thursday, July 19, 2018

Some Electrical Stimulation

Air travel is less complicated these days in that we can actually check in online before we leave the house, but packing seems to be more complicated. The photo below includes less than half of the electronics we took on this last trip.



Hubby has been aging like fine wine and has the back problems to prove it. We had to take an electrotherapy unit to ease his lower back pain as well as a heating pad. Then there are the phones that need to be charged using the charging units we take. This photo fails to include the two e-readers and their chargers that we own as well as my various battery chargers for at least two cameras that I took on the trip. I did not take a laptop but I thought about it.  I now leave the Fitbit and its charger at home because it is too hard to take care of near pools and in tropical rainstorms.  Hubby has a headlamp that he sometimes brings, but it requires regular batteries.

These intricate items all have to be carefully put into net bags or Ziplocks when packing so that we can keep them together and so that we don't mix them up with the grandkids and kids various electronic devices.

I was just wondering if we could take a trip to a place that had few electric outlets and would we survive?


Or do we just need a cold beer?

17 comments:

  1. I don’t know either. Let me know when you find out, please. The beer sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't need electronic respirators, maybe you'll be ok! Yep, I always have a bage of chargers n stuff going out these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What we have to, or feel we have to, take with us these days, is quite daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. on my recent trip to Portugal I took my phone (because it is my camera and also for navigation) and my iPad to facetime with the husband and a kindle which I borrowed from my sister for something to read on the plane. usually I just take books but I was going to be gone longer than the 2 week loan period from the library. and really I could have done without it and the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a lot, but i don’t like to leave things behind — i will always need whatever was forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, the electronics and their chargers all must be packed, in the carry on, of course. We can do without underwear if necessary, but not our phones and e-readers and camera chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all the cords that get to me. Seems like there could be a better system somehow. Not that I could invent it, but somebody should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are definitely a child of the 21st century! Sometimes I wonder what we would do without electricity. It wouldn't be pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...So funny. It looks just like our packing. We forgot our scooter charger yesterday. LOL
    So sorry about hiis back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nice thing about it though is it keeps us knowing all is well at home or with family or we'd hear. I remember the years when we had to find a payphone for that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Out the door without electronics of some kind is like leaving home wearing slippers in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it’s nothing short of ridiculous we’ve become so dependent on batteries, power cords, devices needing electric charging. Boy, if disasters of any sort occur we’re really up a creek without a paddle once their charge runs down. Might help to have solar charging systems for all, but all this charging is a real pain, not to mention having to drag around all these cords. Sure wish someone would come up with ways to refine all this — probably not in my lifetime. Of course, we like the benefits of all these devices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking at my computer at the moment, wires dangling, my camera waiting to be charged.... then I look out of the window and remember the blackbird is taking (not stealing) the ripening blackberries and the new world slots into place with the old ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a strong beer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about going on a digital diet? As I haven’t been anywhere for several years I don’t even know if that’s possible. I expect I’ll have to take several gadgets myself, otherwise how do I keep up-to-date with events? Good job you can buy a cold beer anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankfully some flights have charging points on the seat (my life saver many a times)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.