Monday, January 02, 2017

Rain Makes My Brain Soggy



Not sure why all of a sudden my other blog appears on my readers' (virtual friends) posts, but I have just compared the settings for both Blogs and made sure they are identical--as much as possible. Maybe the Google search gods have put down the eggnog and are back indexing bloggers posts and recognized my reset.  I had been feeling like the decayed mushroom above and was wondering if I should just stop blogging for a while and do all those things I have been procrastinating about for a few years.  Now it seems I have a brief reprieve with at least one blog being revived.


As most of you know, and many some of you agree, this new year will be a big challenge for those of us who love and support gender equality, education and access to that for others as well as ourselves, the free press and journalistic excellence in helping us understand what is going on (thinking about the movie Spotlight for example), the precious and fragile environment, labor laws and labor negotiations to empower the worker, access to healthcare for everyone---already in every major country, political humor that is satire, broadway (all theater actually), religious tolerance, acceptance of strange cultural foods and dress in this country, and trying to understand why polite behavior is no longer the norm but being PC is so yesterday.  And what the hell is alt-truth?  Is this snowflake being too sensitive?  

Within the last two months there have been FIVE rope nooses hung at the liquid natural gas construction site and our Sheriff  seems to be at a loss to find out who is doing this, and we wonder if this clearly racist act to some of us is looked upon as just a joke by our county government who thinks voters are too stupid to understand their policies.  Maybe next we will see the Star of David painted in blood?   This site has all kinds of security and cameras and limited access in part because it is next door to the nuclear power plant.  We all wonder why the culprit has not been caught and why they have all this expensive security if it can be breached so often.  I mean, even if you work there, you cannot drive onto the construction site, you must take a shuttle bus from the parking lot across the highway.  So this freedom to threaten hate is now at my door.  They have been required to bring in the Feds finally, but who can trust the FBI after our President-elect has pointed out their incompetence.

Anyway, my immediate challenge is a long list for the New Year and I am actually going through it pretty fast already.  Therefore, I can ADD to it if I get energetic.  Hubby is leaving tomorrow for a camping fishing trip to Florida which means I will be alone for two weeks.  It will be a good challenge for me to be on my own, but I am guessing the TV will be on more in the afternoons for background noise.

Today is a rainy and cold day and so gloomy outside and I am sure that is contribution to the mood of this post.  I promise to be more mellow next time.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this relatable post. Strange days indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it helps, I too am sunk in gloom. Our beloved cat just died, and the weather here has been, if not very cold, uninspiring. Not only that, but both my husband and I are feeling weak and achy. Nonetheless, we are going to sort through and dispose of books today. Please, please keep blogging. Your blog is one of my favorites.
    Best,
    Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry your blogs aren't just quite right, but I am very glad to see you. I can't seem to change my blogger picture of me as I suddenly find myself on Google + ....of which I am not a member. I did manage to change the date, and, with great effort, the picture. Thanks for all your kind supportive words this last year. They mean a lot as I fight what ever brain I have to get that quilt started.
    Life is good. A little sun, a lot of green stuff, and a bit of volunteering got us moving into this new year. Humility is a good thing too. :) Hugs from the South West corner of your landmass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the blog is behaving better for you! Perhaps the sneaky noose leaver is using a drone to place them¿ I have a micro drone myself. I stink at the remote control now, but some folks are great at it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see so much more hate right now and on both sides. I read someone laughing at how they had loudly talked about their hate for Trump in a restaurant causing another couple to leave without finishing their meal. I wouldn't like someone being loud in a restaurant though--whatever their side of the partisan divide.

    Someone who puts out hate stuff on a natural gas site might be a naturalist or an angry employee who was fired.

    Hope you get your blog recognized again. So far it's not showing up on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mood reflects the weather, not to mention the issues you describe. The snakes seem to perceive they've been given license to spew their poisonous venom which they seem to be doing everywhere. Troublesome anyone treats it as a joke whatever the motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.