- "They" are talking of a first frost in the coming week. Mornings are into the low 50's F so it seems too early for Jack to visit.
- Bird feeders are out and filled for participation in the Cornell Feeder Project. This will be my seventh year in this citizen science program with over 80 counts submitted.
- I am baking things with pumpkin in them.
- I am transplanting iris that have taken over certain areas. I am pruning most perennials.
- The sugar maple is well into becoming brilliant red and it is well into losing its leaves. This photo was taken days ago.
6. I have been collecting kindling from all the trash that trees drop after every storm. Hubby has been splitting wood.
7. The three citrus trees are inside in the kitchen corner and under new lights pretending to be sun. See prior post.8. Even with daylight savings time changes I still get up in the dark and go to bed in the dark.
9. If the weather breaks 60F the sulphur butterflies appear on the pineapple sage. I wonder where they go when the weather is cold.
11. I am so addicted to cosmos and will so miss them in the coming weeks.
12. My tutoring project has been ended, maybe with mutual consent and maybe I will write a post on that someday when I have perspective.
13. The bluebirds that were out and about elsewhere all summer have returned to my back yard and that has brought me some peace.
OK...now your turn.