Sunday, August 31, 2008

Three day weekend

I got back yesterday and totally collapsed. Napped on the couch for about an hour in the afternoon and then watched chick flicks and ate snacks. Fortunately hubby can heat up leftovers---of which there are many---for himself. A three year-old totally drains every drop of energy and then watching his one-year-old sister yesterday morning was the final hill that I climbed.

Today, my son and his girlfriend are coming to spend the night. I was thinking about how nervous she probably is...and of course, for no real reason. But visiting with the guys parents is always a bit of a challenge.

I have shopped for food and cleaned the house after Xman's adventures.

I am too tired to write anything creative and also kind of in a slump about the hurricane that is heading to Louisiana. The one right behind it is currently heading our way...ugh.

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of being a grandma - you enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and then they go back to their home and you can relax. It is the best - being a grandma, as you get to see the world anew through young eyes.
    Visiting the parents - not easy, but it sounds like you are the kind of person that will make her feel at ease quickly.
    I hope all of the USA gets off lightly with the storms. We used to lived in Nova Scotia, and we watched with worry as the storms would come up the Eastern Seaboard and sometimes they still had some punch to them.
    Good luck, and I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabor, everything you are sharing I understand and have been there and still there. I know I am wiped out on Thursdays after having 3 year old Amelia on Wednesdays. Being a mom and a grandma the energy drain at times is going to be there.
    Take care of yourself and get some rest as soon as everyone leaves.
    You are a "good" mom and grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see how you had the energy to clean your house and shop for food to get ready for your son and his girlfriend. I would have crashed and stayed down. I had my Grand Niece here for six hours today and I am whooped.

    Good luck with the videos playing. I wasn't sure if it happened to be related to XP shipping out Service Pack 3.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.