Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Filling the Vacuum

There is a vacuity in my brain as I seem to learn many new things each day.

1. If you eat pomegranate at your desk at work your monitor screen looks as though you put a tiny slit in your throat by the time you have finished and red drops are sprayed everywhere else.

2. If you spill the peppercorns at home the two-year-old insists on helping with the vacuum and this can take a long, long, …very long time.

3. Even though as an adult with adult children you finally get to design an adult Christmas tree with all color-coordinated ornaments a la Martha Stewart, you must remember to purchase some that are unbreakable for little children to hang.

4. Three-month-old babies are perfectly capable of throwing nasty temper tantrums.

5. This generation of working mothers is phenomenal. Breast pump at 5:00 AM, out the door at 5:30 AM to help with Habitat for Humanity for your company, and then into the office at 10:00 AM!

6. This generation of working fathers is phenomenal. Flying in from St. Louis at 6::00 PM and heading directly to the office until midnight and then home and up at 6:00 AM to feed and clothe two little ones and get them off to day care and pre-school!

7. If you do some Christmas ornament shopping before Thanksgiving…World News Tonight will shove a camera in your face with the threat of showing the world how crappy you look when you shop on the weekends. I never saw myself on the TV…thank goodness…but the season is not yet over.

8. And finally, these do taste and look different when made according the recipes on each can.




6 comments:

  1. This STILL does not make me like pumpkin pie. So it goes......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoss, I am thinking if you ate more pumpkin you would be feeling better? No? Well, maybe a little Jack Daniels and soda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. if we have the energy- we go with the fresh pumpkin. second choice is canned pumpkin, third is the mix

    saw you at Jim and Peggy's

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    I don't think so...but wouldn't that have been cool. I have yet to run into a blog reader. But I know/hope it will happen some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops..sorry David, I am little slow somedays. Yet we did connect there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pure pumpkin in the can, made with my recipe. It cannot be beat!! I bet even Hoss would like it.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.