Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Thursday Thoughts

1) This is my favorite holiday because except for those watching their weight, it is a holiday that is non-exclusive to ones views---especially on politics or religion. Everyone seems to agree that we need to take the time off and be thankful for something. I am truly thankful.

2) I get to hostess the big feed at my house this year and that makes me feel warm and cozy all over. I know there will be years in the future where it will just be hubby and I and other years when cooking will not be possible for any number of reasons. I am truly thankful.

3) No unusual recipes will be tried. We are going traditional all the way (except for one small dish.) I am truly thankful.

a. (H’orderves: toast tips with salmon spread, grilled oysters on the half-shell, carrot sticks and dip.)
b. Roast turkey
c. Cranberry relish (which no one ever eats…but it IS a tradition)
d. Herb/sausage stuffing (wet and dry)
e. Garlic mashed potatoes
f. Sweet potato casserole
g. Green bean onion casserole
h. Spring greens salad
i. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
j. Key lime pie
k. (I haven’t decided yet whether to have rolls…hate to have too few carbs at a feast such as this.)

4) Daughter is bringing a special Italian Barolo for just her and I to share. I am truly thankful.

5) My son did not respond to my email over a week ago asking if he was coming. So typical of him. I hope he does show up but he is a moody one. I am truly thankful that I at least have him in my life when he deems possible.

6) My favorite dish at Thanksgiving is my homemade stuffing although pumpkin pie with whipped cream runs a close second. Whoa, am I thankful!!

7) The long weekend will mean I have time to convert all those calories to fat and read all my favorite blogs. Am I thankful or what?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful meal - and I would definitely eat your cranberry relish! Have a great holiday, and I hope your son shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day, we dont have anything like it in the UK (except Christmas, which these days is non-exclusive, as it religious content gets less every year!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    We don't have anything like Thanksgiving in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuffing was always my favorite too. We also do wet and dry.

    One brother did not show. The guys can be contrary for whatever reason. We gals have our moods, but we mean business when it comes to family.

    Sweet thoughts sent your way for this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.
    The menu sounds delicious.
    I forgot to put the stuffing on the table! We didn't notice it sitting on the countertop until after the meal was finished. Drat! Other than that we had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:31 PM

    What a lovely Thanksgiving post. I'm with Kenja - I would have had some cranberry relish too.

    Kerri reminded me of what would happen when we went to my mothers for dinner. She prepared so much food she always forgot to serve something!

    Hope your son decided to show up. If he didn't he missed out on a lot, not just the food.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.