Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Stars Were in Alignment


My weekend with guests was fantabulous. We are all from the same generation and four had science backgrounds and the other two (me included) were in information dissemination or information technology work. We talked grandkids -- everyone's are gorgeous --- how about that? We talked the bureaucracy of our government and how it is keeping out the good scientists but letting in more budget analysts and policy wonks...whose primary role is to perpetuate their jobs, not necessarily make the program more productive. That was a depressing part of the conversation. We never got to any movies, as we talked ourselves silly into the night.

The day was hotter than you-know-what, but we still had a lovely boat ride and saw about TEN eagles, dozens of osprey, seagulls and pelicans and even tried to catch something in a school of bluefish chasing baitfish. No luck, but still fun.

The meals that I served were also excellent if I do say so myself, and maybe this weekend I will post the recipes if anyone is interested-- Most of which I sort of made up, but they came out luscious anyway.

Prince Harry visited and the guests loved him and his gentle ways. My daughter's pending child did not interrupt the weekend, and we even celebrated my husband's birthday on Sunday with a breakfast sitting outside at a restaurant overlooking a finger of the bay.

If this is a preview of retirement, I am so looking forward and not backward.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds idyllic and I do want to see the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo!!!! And it all sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the recipes! yup, retirement is a magnificent state of being!

    glad the movie was a non-issue. sounds like the chat was much more compelling and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend with your guests sounds heavenly. but I need to know, did you watch "The Good German" and if so how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:46 AM

    No, Chancy, we did not watch it. I think from all of the reviews that it is more my type of movie...my husband likes the lighter fare. So I will watch it when he is down at the house and I am stuck up here.

    Tabor

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be a stunning retirement, Tabor. Hoo boy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was really terrific! I hope retirement gets here soon. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.