Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A meme from Colleen

  1. What are the three stupidest things you’ve ever done in your life?

a.) As a Freshman in college, in order to act ‘cool,’ I made fun of someone I didn’t know very well in the cafeteria and then found out she was sitting right behind me. b.) Rode in a car coming down a canyon in the Rocky Mountains late at night with a date that had been drinking and we spun out. c.) Hired an old lady real estate agent to sell my house. She should have retired years ago.

  1. At the current moment, who has the most influence on your life?

My husband because is has good common sense and is still pretty naive.

  1. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Erma Bombeck, Gandhi, Bill Clinton, Leonardo Da Vinci and my great, great, great, grandmother…With a little wine and some atmosphere we could talk all night.

  1. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

Everyone I loved would have great health until they died in old age, people of the world would be more open minded to others ideas, and the earth would be returned to a ‘healthy’ state.

  1. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret not having in your city, and two things people should avoid.
    I regret that the area I live in is not more crime free and I regret that it is not quieter. My visitors should definitely avoid rush hour and certain parts of the city at night.

6. Name one event that changed your life?
The death of my middle sister at age 54 from melanoma.

I'll think about who to tag on this later.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments. Got up in the middle of the night with insomnia and it was nice someone commented on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to dine with Guy Fawkes if I had a time machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 PM

    I love the poetic title. And can I come to your imaginary time machine dinner cause I love who you invited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I picked Erma so we could have some good 'mom in the suburbs jokes' with Bill to laugh at them and he would be the good one to pick everyone else's brains, Gandhi to give me optimism in these dangerous times, Leanardo to help me think outside the box and push the establishment, and my great, great, great, grandmother to help me see why I am the way I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were excellent responses ... I hadn't seen this meme, but have just come from Dan's blog where he also did a pretty good job!

    Interesting responses.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.