Friday, October 27, 2023

Very Cool Part II

Here is Part II of our short morning paddle down the river and back into a little gunk hole.  Our little finger of the river takes less than 30 minutes to reach the end and that is if you are paddling regularly but not at a pace. I actually do very little paddling because I am married to a man who lets me sit as the queen and take photos. There is no current, so sometimes he can paddle and drop a fishing line at the same time. We did not fish this time, but we like to head to the back part of the river because huge catfish, large stingrays, and sometimes other interesting water mysteries are about.

The above is a wood duck box that someone has installed. I hope that wood ducks take advantage in the spring!  

We soon come to the end where the highway crosses.  It is a country paved road, so little traffic except in the mornings and evenings when people are off to work.  As we turn around we see a lovely dogwood(?) that has fallen but adjusted in its beauty to growing sideways!  As we move further along I see two wood dragons arguing at the water's edge and this is followed by more fall color and then a bit of a lucky shot as I capture our belted Kingfisher on a branch and later one of our Blue Herons.

All in all, I would say it was a lovely morning.












10 comments:

  1. Heaven just outside your door on the river! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos
    Okay, I confess, I Googled Wood Dragons. lol
    I didn't realize they are driftwood dragon types. I thought maybe ducks I've never heard of. Thank you for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mostly all fond memories of the canoe trips Mike and I took down the the river each spring -- until the last time when I managed to flip the canoe not once, but twice. It was the last canoe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace like a river.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kingfishers. I got a photo of one on our lagoon Monday, but I only had my cell phone so it is not much of a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along for the ride without having to work at any paddling. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are amazing. They really capture the moment. Canoes are so amazing as they quietly move through nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. water dragons? I had to take a close look at that picture. so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all these calming and serene pictures. And the kingfisher might have just been waiting for you to capture him in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an idyllic day on the water.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.