Wednesday, October 18, 2023

October Has Filled Already!

Sunsets are nearer my side of the river just at dinner now.




Who cares if dinner gets cold?

On the other side of things, the days shorten quietly and quickly. I wake up at dawn thinking it is early, but the morning has already showered and dressed and is on its way as industrious humans head to places of work. 

I start the water pot for coffee.   I am inside watching a show on the incineration of a hospital far, far away. I can barely watch it, but it is important. According to the news, Americans in the United States are looking for someone to lead with a shouting and testosterone-filled voice rather than a gentle grandfather voice. They do not care what he says, but how he says it. They do not want a female to lead because she cannot talk in a loud voice without sounding shrill and females are not willing to kill relentlessly. 

 The corner of my eye catches the moment a bright white kite sails over the river. It is one of our resident seagulls looking for breakfast and drifting above our little finger of the river. 

 Our leaves have not changed, although my sugar maple (not native and planted by me for the "fall orange crush" which, by the way, is not anything like pumpkin spice) is just beginning to blush. 

 Autumn is a time for changing how we eat and bringing out the stews and hearty soups and I search the Internet for something new. I make a ham and bean soup and take it up to my son and his wife with the toddler. 

Sliding down Mother Goose



Checking out the photos.


Sadly, I took a fall over a baby gate 12 days ago while visiting. (Yes I do seem to be falling more but in my defense there was a bar across the very last step of the stairs giving the person only 4 or 5 inches on the last step, which I missed and stepped onto the floor!).  I have been sitting more to avoid the pain of movement from the back side of my butt. I am also using fire and ice. I could not have fallen safer or better because I landed on the fattest part of my body as I grabbed the post of the stairway and swung backward! The RA says if the pain does not reduce in 4 or 5 more days, I should get an X-ray for fractures, but he feels I am in not enough pain for it to be bone damage. Good thing I lift ankle weights where I have grown some muscle butt. No flat backside for this old lady. Yes, I swear more these days, but they are just words and not actions, so get over it.

We actually took a fall leaf peeping trip last weekend in spite of my injury and I will post on that.

Now I will go and read some posts.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    I have failed to check the html, so the text is pretty large!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your fall, Tabor. Sounds like it wasn't too serious... thank goodness. October seems to have flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falls are scary. Good for you with your best landing you could manage, you did good. Hope it all goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the first photo especially. I must admit that my vocabulary is more salty than it used to be. But not too often. Sorry about the fall and the concomitant aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting so unstable now that falls are a constant worry. I hang on. I have some appointments this week that might help to sort out the why.
    Our leaves a re slow to turn this year also. I guess prolonging the beauty is a good thing.
    I swear more these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read and reread for the 'swearing'. finally decided you meant the word butt. and I agree, swear words are just words. I often wonder who and why those words were deemed inappropriate for civilized company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear much more these days, and I have to say it feels pretty good. Let's some steam escape from the pressure cooker of my mind. Hope you are feeling better soon, and congrats on that perfect kersplat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the fall was no worse than you were led to believe. Swearing is not new here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better. Beautiful photos.
    If a font is too large after posting, readers can reduce the size in Chrome (most other browesers as well), by clicking on the top right 3 dots, when the menu box drops down, click Zoom to reduce the size.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your visit and comment. Hope you are feeling better after the fall. My wife had a fall about a month ago and uckily she didn't get hurt, just a bruise on her leg. Nice captures of the sunsets, they are beautiful. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. luckily instead of uckily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunsets are spectacular, yes, I'd let the food get cold for that.

    The news just hurts so much now.

    My last fall resulted in a black eye, all surface stuff. I hope yours is the same, just some soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Falling, swearing, sad reflections on the hate in this world, are all more frequent here, too. With every trip comes another swear word, as if uttering it will keep me upright. Well done on an efficient landing.
    As always, your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.