Thursday, May 11, 2023

Busy as a Bee

I am up earlier than usual. My night was filled with odd dreams. I was working at a new and rather gloomy place. Some government offices had been designed by a bureaucrat who was probably related to a Senator and used that privilege.  They could have been offices in the 1940s.  The people were all gray and autonomic in personality. They didn't really want to get to know me, and I finally gave up and with my head down began my work. Where this dream came from, I do not know.

Anyway, I am now awake around 5:00am and got up for my coffee.  The sky was just beginning to lighten and the lights across the waters (my neighbors all feel that security and decorative lighting is necessary) sparkled golden in the reflection on the river.  By the time I had made my coffee, I saw that the high fog had moved in.  By the time I was drinking my coffee, the fog had lowered across the river and all was milky white.

The birds were just finishing their morning songs.  I like the way the charcoal silhouettes of the trees look like watercolor paintings in the fog.  While sipping my coffee the ghostly silhouette of a solitary buzzard glides every so quietly above my head sailing to the river.  It is beautiful in its grace.




Today will be a quiet day.  Sunday was my granddaughter's first birthday and it was filled with all the business that entails when the party was given by parents who never thought they would be successful in having a child.  She is precious to us all, and hopefully, we will temper our spoiling with some common sense.  But love tends to throw common sense out the window. Some photos of that celebration of a miracle may appear in a future post as I left my camera up there!

This prior Wednesday was a long day of plant work with others for our garden sale.  Then Thursday was plant work for other plants at home for the plant sale.  Friday was baking for the plant sale.  Saturdays were the plant sale and being on my feet from  6:30 in the morning to about 2:30 in the afternoon chatting up buyers!  We are mostly old people and while we raised  10K,  many were hobbling and toddling by mid-afternoon.

Monday was a doctor's appointment for me.  I think it went well and he agrees that it may be possible for me to wean myself off the nerve medicine I had been taking for the cough.  Tuesday was a luncheon with people we had never met.  My sister was on a plane returning from a wine tour in France and she sat across from an elderly couple returning from a Safari and they got to chatting on the long flight back to the States. (Yes, this does sound  like the start  of  some murder movie.)  Anyway, she found that they were living in the same small town that we are!  She sent me their email and gave them ours.  The woman was also a retired librarian!  A package of coincidences that was sort of surprising.  Tuesday, months later, we finally met up for lunch.  They seem very nice and have suggested a dinner soon to meet a young friend of theirs who is trying to get into the marine biology field which is my husband's forte.  After lunch, we had to run some errands and came home exhausted.   Such a busy social week has left me exhausted, the introvert that I am.

Wednesday, today, is a blank day for me although hubby has a dental appointment.  I have some leftover seedlings to get into the yard and some plants to dig up for my son as we are going back up to see him on Sunday after a Mother's Day meet-up with my daughter on Saturday.  Yes, a bit of a busy weekend. again.  You can see many of my seeds failed due to the torrential rains while we were gone.


Well, enough about me.  How about you?

13 comments:

  1. I love your description of the early morning. I can picture the setting and you there watching the buzzard.

    Your youngest grandchild is growing up so quickly. Where did that year go? The Little sweetie is a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures of the trees in fog. last Saturday was the plant swap in nearby tiny town of Boling which I did not go to. Saturday was also the plant sale for the garden club here and I missed that as well since I didn't know it was happening. unfortunately I have about a dozen pots of plants I had intended to donate to the plant sale so now not sure what I'm going to do with them. I'm glad my grandkids are grown and now they come to me. Of course their parents live out here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go to a plant sale but did buy lots of flower trays for my front porch garden. I am partial to petunias and pansies, since they grow easily and don't take much care. It is amazing to realize another year has passed since your grandchild joined the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took lots of plants to my sister's plant sale. We did lots of work in the yard. We attended a track meet and have another one tomorrow. I am hosting our our Mother's Day gathering on Sunday. In a few minutes I'll head out so see my granddaughter be awarded a scholarship. Yes, busy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 5 o’clock environment beats mine, but we both enjoy our coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved hearing about your early morning and that lovely photo of the tree in the fog. Your busy life would leave me breathless I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely start to the day, buzzard and fog. No plant sale here but my sister visited from Oregon and took me out to buy pots of flowers for my little patio. So lovely to see the blooms outside in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy is exhausting. It is good for the soul though, to be around people. The early mornings are the refresh button.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    Since my TV broke, I have been sleeping longer. I often miss early morning unless I fall asleep early in the evening. At the moment, at almost 2 AM, that didn't happen. I haven't been to sleep yet. Earthquakes usually happen when I'm up all night. Anyway,
    yard work exhausted me yesterday. I kept marveling at how much time and effort it can take to finish up a small area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:08 PM

    You sound like you're having a rewarding time. For me,, it's quiet as we get ready to have to head north again. I am not sure how many times I want to pull a trailer back and forth. I like being here but 1400 miles is a lot to travel each way-- nice stops or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I knew who you were. It seems that Adblockers do not let people comment as themselves or as bloggers.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:33 PM

      I posted that- Rain Trueax. I thought I had posted my name lol

      Delete
  10. You've been keeping quite busy. I hope the new people turn out to be new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you are a very busy person. That'll keep you young.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.