Sunday, May 21, 2023

May is on its way out?

The weather this morning is quite cool to weed in the garden I need a jacket.  There was a light rain last night and everything is richly green and growing, including the weeds, so well in this perfect spring weather.

My spring flowers are on the way out already.  I have been so busy but I managed to squeeze in a few minutes to capture them with my camera as I do every year and then photoshop a bit for clarity and exposure and contrast. 



 







  I have two good-looking and sweet men from another country helping me cut the roots of my potted citrus so that they can continue in good health without being root bound.  They are chatting on the back deck in another language and will soon interrupt me to see what they need to do next.  It is rare to have gardeners, but I will not complain.

My granddaughter's first birthday went perfectly with the weather in total cooperation since it was outdoors.  (Their house is so small.)  The gal got a small rubber duck at her last Doctor's visit and it soon became the favorite toy and a theme for the party.







She was a delight the entire time and never seemed to get overstressed or our of sorts.  I blurred the little one's face as it seems that is the careful way these days.

Mostly photos in this post.  Hope you weekend is humming smoothly.

14 comments:

  1. Good job with the flower photos, and the others too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower pictures are wonderful! And I love the cute little blue-faced adorable birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Birthday!
    Cute party theme.
    Beautiful flowers are more so with your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my tulips and other early spring flowers, but now roses are starting to bloom, and columbine are everywhere.
    I love your little one's birthday theme. Looks like she had fun at her party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful nature photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful nature photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are a delight as is the little one. I wish her many, many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously a little cutie, even with a blurred face. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your precious little one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Kay of Musings: Your flowers are so beautiful. What a fun celebration for your adorable granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flower photos are wonderful! The little birthday girl photos are a delight to see. Just love the rubber duckie theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers and beautiful baby! Your daisy photo should be enlarged and printed for hanging. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Sweet on your granddaughter and beautiful flowers. Spring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous photography! Makes me get the itch to get out my camera!!!! Happy belated birthday to the little one! What a wonderful day for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.