Saturday, June 18, 2022

Time Flies By Whether I am Busy or Not

Saturday already. Just got back from volunteering in the Children's Garden where the last of the spring produce was harvested and taken to the Food Pantry.  It was not much to bring, sadly.  We are in that time between seasonal crops, but lots of herbs.



The installation team came for two whole days to install our new HVAC system which does run much more quietly and has all those bells and whistles, like being able to control it from your phone while you are lounging by the pool in that distant hotel!  The screen even controls the humidity very closely and tells me the temp and humidity outside.  It also came with the price tag of a used car in excellent condition!


On the same day, our young electrician friend (Who made some major error as a supervisor with our local electrical company and is now again unemployed!) came and helped us fix the hanging ceiling in the basement and restore the shorted wire.  It looks almost new once again.  I think hubby paid him $25 an hour which will probably not provide food for the week!  The ceiling above was not damp and the wood not wet, so odd that the tiles absorbed it all.

I managed to squeeze in time to get my haircut, but I am growing tired of the style and thinking of letting it grow out...maybe wait until fall.

The luncheon with our 96-year-old friend was delightful.  She is still very sharp although slowing down physically and unable to do stairs.  We are going to try to make this luncheon a regular thing because her daughters took away her car on her birthday.  She has not had an accident, but they felt it was time.  One of the daughters is a psychotherapist...Ahem.  All three daughters live an hour or more from her.  She lives in a retirement community where there is lots of assistance and easy transport, but she said not having a car makes her feel isolated.

My daughter and the two grandchildren arrive tomorrow night for an overnight and morning visit the next day for Father's Day.  I have no idea what to cook and am thinking of ordering out.  I will make a ricotta cheesecake this afternoon.

I have a high school friend arriving next week with her husband from the midwest.  They will be staying elsewhere with relatives but want to meet up for one day during the week.  When we made this plan my week was pretty open.  Now I only have Tuesday really free.

I also have to drive up on Wednesday to the city to babysit my new grandchild and then stay overnight and come back on Thursday.  There is a farewell dinner for a friend that we are going to that Thursday early evening!  I am going to bring a fruit platter as I have no time for a potluck casserole!

Thus far I have nothing on the Friday and Saturday that is to come, but with my luck, my gregarious husband will book something!

(Oh, the biopsies were both benign, but they want to squeeze my mammary glands more often in the future!  I laughed at the Doctor's notes..." procedure was tolerated well by the patient."  That is a matter of opinion as I screamed bloody murder at least twice during the hour. )


For those of you missing your fathers, you are lucky to have had such love, and for those who still have fathers, take them their favorite food or make a date to share time in the future.


15 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to your gregarious husband!

    Great biopsy news!
    Good you are active, busy, seeing people. It is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the biopsy. Glad the HVAC is done. The heat wave is costing people a fortune in broken systems it appears. Hope you get some time this week to relax! Enjoy the time with that newest little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very busy! I'm hoping my a/c holds on one more year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though summer is under way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As busy as you are, you could be stranded in a retirement home with no visitors. It's good that you can be the visitor. Remember to find joy in it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a common phrase in doctor and procedure notes: "patient tolerated the procedure well." Means they didn't have an adverse life-threatening reaction and didn't die. You can scream and complain and bleed all you want. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I enjoyed the comments as much as the post. Congrats on the biopsy results. And glad to know you "tolerated the procedure well."

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased about the biopsies. Here not so good. Boy are you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's an easy solution to being too busy...just say no. Amazing how hard that can be sometimes and we just wear ourselves down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are at that stage of retirement where you are too busy to squeeze in work even if you wanted to.

    That's great news about the biopsies, and a blessed and beautiful Happy Father's Day to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You won’t have time to get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that schedule will keep you occupied and out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always thankful for benign results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one busy lady still it is supposed to keep you young. It is so caring of you to have lunch with your 96 year old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a relief that your biopsies were benign. You've reminded me that I need to get a mammogram soon.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.