Thursday, August 05, 2021

Monthly?

I have been thinking about Blogging.  Thinking...thinking...thinking. I have been away for over a month and missed the lives of those I love to read about.  And I have had issues that I felt were interesting and important to blog about: family, climate, flu, old age.  But each time I wanted to start my writing something interrupted me making it so much easier to procrastinate for a few more days.

Also, after the fifth regimen of new medicine, I have failed to stop the cough that interrupts my life about 10 times a day and three times each night.  I have not reached true depression, but I am discouraged and short of temper.  Who knows,  all these new medicines may be causing mood swings.  I had a 6-7 week reprieve and thought it was all over and I was so happy...until.

My family visits have increased a little now that most are vaccinated.  The only one that we continue to protect is the 10-year-old who cannot get the vaccine yet.  I am so praying they find it safe for him by fall.  He had a light version of Covid last winter so he does have some resistance.

Lets us talk about food.  We are into blue crab season and that makes life a little more fun.  We are into fresh tomato season and that means that something fresh is always in a salad or soup.  We went with my son and his wife to pick blackberries and peaches last weekend.  (Peaches are my favorite fruit.)  East Coast peaches cannot compete with Colorado peaches but I still love both.  We could only stay a short while before the skies opened in torrential rain.  We got soaked.  My tennis shoes sloshed and my clothes stuck to my back and sides.  We ate lunch outside in a small restaurant.  The AC inside would have frozen us into a nasty cold.


Hubby and son picking blackberries.  The red-winged blackbirds sang to us with their trill whistle all afternoon.


Store refrigerator biscuits and sweetened blackberries with butter and cinnamon were our quick dessert that evening.


 And these were the peaches leftover after we ate our fill.  I washed, blanched, removed skins and after a quick dip in lemon water, they went into freezer bags for another day.

Well enough catch-up because I have to read some blogs and start dinner!  Thanks for stopping by.


18 comments:

  1. Fresh fruit and vegetables make this my very favorite time of year for eating. Our stawberries are gone by but I love blueberries that ate ripe now, and the cherries we get from the the northwest. We are getting out fill of fresh from the garden tomatoes and sweet corn and summer squash. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally have our first ripe tomatoes. I get fresh blueberries and nectarines from the market. Juicy cold watermelon chunks are an easy grab out of the refrigerator. People are enjoying wild blackberries but I am not inclined to go out in the heat and fight the thorns.
    Summer fruit season is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you, i was praying for you this morning.

    Sorry to hear the cough came back, Grandma has such a cough and has for a couple of years now. She decided to live with it, but it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are having some medical issues. I had a cough for ages before a doctor diagnosed Asthma even though I had never had it before. I only get a cough no shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. Hope yours can be fixed soon. Those peaches and blackberries must have been delicious and so many. I am worried about our grandsons aged 11 and 9 and hope they don't catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dessert looks delicious. I hope your health problems improve--quickly.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for cough treatment that works
    Homemade peach ice cream is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pleased your back in blogged. I love to use nature, blackberries and peaches, swooned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. It can be easy to drift away from blogging even without the trials you’re experiencing.
    You may have inspired me to tuck some peaches into the freezer while they’re in season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hoped the coughing had been resolved and you had some peace, especially at night. Good to read you again but I wish you felt better.

    We cook fresh berries and dumplings. Your biscuits and berries look so good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was an odd year this year. a very early heat wave in the 90s, the deep freeze that followed, the incessant rain that followed that and none of the crops knew what to do. everything was late but tomatoes have been done for a while and we're at the tail end of the local hill country peaches. when they are gone I won't eat another one. they're also my favorite fruit. and our wild blackberries didn't make this year either.

    sorry to hear the reprieve from your cough was only temporary. I'd be cranky too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are going to fill in the details...she says having missed you. Marvelous fruit images. Makes my mouth water. Please tell us about the Native plants you have been playing with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I've mentioned it before, but my chronic cough is undiagnosed too. Some think it is a radiation cough from the radiation I received in 2020 for BC - maybe. Some think it's Gerds - which it may be. Some have mentioned adult asthma - whatever. I live with it. Cough drops are with me at all times and they do help. But there is one thing I want to mention... has no basis (that I know of) in science, but some say it works (at least at night). Can't hurt to try. Rub Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of your feet, cover with socks and see if you sleep without coughing. Strange yes, but found it on the people's pharmacy and apparently it works for some.
    Your peaches and blackberries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those blackberry bushes are very tall. I wonder how tall they grow in our clime. I know that blueberry 'bushes' tend to stay close to the ground here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to see your "face" in my news feed. You are missed when you're not around, but I do hope that something helps you get rid of that cough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those blackberries and peaches look so good! Sorry your annoying cough has returned and wish you could be rid of it once and for all as I'm sure you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks and sounds very tasty. I hope you find a permanent answer to the cough. I have no clue but will be interested when you find something as who knows when things will strike us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tabor, sorry about the cough, and I hope something can be done to get rid of it once and for all.

    Your blackberry dessert looks amazing. I am about to rummage about in the freezer downstairs and see if I have any blackberries left, ditto the peaches - I know there is a lovely bag of frozen Niagara peaches somewhere in the great white beast. Perhaps a cobbler made with peaches and blackberries for dinner. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your biscuits and blackberries look scrumptious. That's a huge field of them. I love peaches too. I'm so sorry you are suffering with that cough. I remember having that once and actually had a bout of pleurisy because of it. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.