Friday, May 07, 2021

I Write the Best Posts at Night

Just as I drift (attempt to drift) off to sleep, I can write the very best posts for this blog. I come up with wonderful subjects that can lend themselves to concise or elaborate text. Ideas that are meaningful and compelling. Subjects that are interesting or intriguing or just friendly and familiar.  When I wake up in the morning my ideas have all pixelated into the disjointed fog just like those photos that are enlarged all out of proportion to their original digital information.


Since my fifteen-month illness disappeared faster than this spring's tulips, I have felt more creative and energetic.  But I find these are just feelings and not something that is manifested into concrete production and activity.  I am back working on my free weights and my running on the elliptical, but there are many days that I can find excuses to put this off until the following day.  Excuses like the exercise clothes I have really should be washed, I must wait to digest my recent meal (which becomes an excuse to wait until just before the next meal), or finally, I have to clean out the inbox of my emails.  

My creativity is there for this blog, but when strained through the clean light of morning,  it also comes out flat and must be put off until after the news, after the gardening, after cooking.  Excuses.

Most of my readers are my age...old.  Their lives do not stand still as they move forward with the challenges of aging.  I go to their blogs and find I have missed a crisis or two or even three!  I feel guilty for sitting on my thumbs when the real world is still turning.

Perhaps I should write about the new fellow that has moved in quite comfortably under the deck.


Yet, I do believe that the real world is once again getting back to order and people are once again moving at a quicker pace.  There is a large group of people in my country who are on a hate fest and who will not be happy until they 'win' whatever it is they think they are pursuing.  But the larger group of people just want normal and courteous discourse and freedom to love the nature of the world once again.  I think they would even be willing to read a boring blog or two to inject normalcy back into their lives.

I will write soon about the goose saga.  With encouraging and discouraging photos, because us old ladies have not much else in our lives but birds.


My coffee is now cold, so I am off to read your blogs and hopefully to comment!

15 comments:

  1. Do you know a boring blog you might recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most days I think it is mine with tedious daily lists.

      Delete
  2. I think we all feel that way about our own blogs as we gladly read the minutia of other people's lives. glad to hear the cough is gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose to say, the sight of Canada Geese on the Osprey nest is not a happy sight. If that is a black rat snake, then congratulations on the free rodent control. Olga's comment makes me laugh. The boring bloggers need a catchy title. If you can jot down one that you think of before falling asleep, I feel we'll all appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You commented, and I truly appreciated it. He's coming home today....progress indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear, how wonderful. I am sure you did not need this accident, but this is life...is it not. Hang in there!!

      Delete
  5. It is so good to hear you are feeling better. Persistence paid off finally. Regular life again would be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can make myself crazy and physically worn out trying to keep up with what I am supposed to do. My physical therapy plan is to do my exercises three times a day, I am really proud of myself if I do three, but too often it is two, sometimes one. I should walk every day but lately I have substituted working in the garden for walking. I really should get this or that outside chore done, but I have run out of steam and one more trip across the yard seems too hard. Oh, it's time for PT again, and my eyelid, with it's clogged oil duct, needs a warm compress for 10 to 15 minute. I need time to read and comment on blogs, or write one myself. I have dinner figured out but I need the energy to prepare it.
    Getting old sucks. But if I had a new friend like your under my deck, I would have to move! EEK!
    And you are never boring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. You are never boring! I love your posts and look forward to them with anticipation. Maybe it's because yes I am old too, and it doesn't take a lot to keep me interested. So glad to hear you are better and hope that's your new normal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh! I read this earlier, but my comment didn't take from my ipad. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always good to see you here. Have you ever heard of structured procrastination? It's a thing, you might look it up it is worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better and I always enjoy reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blogs are always sensational. I do fear, however, that the geese have permanently run off the Osprey. Hopefully I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with everybody that you are NOT boring. I'm so glad you're feeling better. And I too often find my brain thinking of things to write on a post when I'm ready to go to sleep. I never want to jot anything down because that would wake me up. By morning... it's all a fog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can so identify with what you say about the blog posts I write after I go to bed. I even tried scratching a few ideas down on a beside pad without turning the light on to wake me up more -- couldn't read what I wrote the next morning. Oh well!
    As for the excuses to avoid other activities I know those, too. We're all in the same boat. I love those birds!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.