Saturday, May 29, 2021

Computer Memory



I capture all the gems 

With just a click 
On the box - ‘download’. 
These crystal baubles then 
Order themselves in a line 
With mathematical precision
In some dark place. 
I will probably never 
Stumble upon again,
Hidden in some Delphic language, 
In some password-protected room. 
And their value 
Is only when I, not another, 
Bring them back to light.
But only if I blunder onto them 
Before I, myself, have been placed 
In some dark sectioned place 
Where there is no clicking 
And silence reigns.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous picture there, I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Both picture and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep for sure! Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, why do i hold on to so much i will not see again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh. Now instead of just clicking quickly through I am going to have to slow down and contemplate. And that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too brainy for my dim noggin this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a poetry fan. But this really did make me stop and think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this....an ode.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.