Thursday, November 19, 2020

Not Busy Enough?

There may be people who find sheltering at home in a blank canvas with little to do.  Oh, you can always do the cleaning and repairing and maintaining that living in this world demands.  That back bedroom can do with some dusting and drawer emptying.  That hall closet is certainly a mess.  Just making the weekly food shopping/meal list can take an hour or more.  And certainly, your email box(es) need(s) attention.  Those old computer files are not going to delete themselves.  And at the end of the day to pass the time there is that long list of TV shows you have recorded.

But what if that is not enough?  Many businesses (such as local and city museums etc.) are working hard to get a little money from you using virtual lectures, podcasts and tours. Some are free and some require money.  My mailbox is full!

From the Kitchen with Marcus Samuelsson, Acclaimed Chef, and Restaurateur.  (This from my stock advisor...YES I know!)


Our series of tips covering functions on your camera that you’re most likely not using.


ELA Webinar Recording: Deer Resistant Native Groundcovers


The Case for Embracing Uncertainty in Art


How a Mary Wollstonecraft statue became a feminist battleground


A Winter Solstice Celebration from the Smithsonian


Take Some Time to Enjoy this Nature Centered Podcast from WBU!  Winging It Through Winter  (How birds survive.)

Mozart: The Reign of Love


Well now in all of this cutting and pasting from my emails, I have lost my Html font codes buried in a lot of lines of blogger code and I am too lazy to fix!  I guess the next virtual class, lecture, webinar I need will be on Html and Blogging editing.

Hope you are keeping busy virtually!






15 comments:

  1. Hmm. I liked the sound of the winter solstice celebration but clicking on it got me nowhere, so I guess I'll be skipping that. And the rest. But thanks for the idea of finding enriching stuff on line. I haven't needed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding plenty of yoga classes online and I Zoom with three different writing groups. Keeps me distracted enough to not have been moved to clean out those drawers and closet in the spare room -- or any other room for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have plenty to keep me busy, but I sure do miss hanging out in the coffee shop with my friends. Now I climb into John's warm truck cab and we have a cup of coffee together. Then I head back home. There is nowhere to gather any longer, and who knows how long before we are back to any semblance of normal? I'm glad I have my blogging friends to visit (like you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am somehow keeping busy either working on sorting photos on my computer and making photo books for the kids, this blog or making masks. Yes, I’m back to having fun making masks again. Seems I can’t help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always something to do in the house cleaning wise. Not my favourite things however. This too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over here, i am keeping busy really. If The A-mighty put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things, right now i am so far behind i will never die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had three Zoom meetings today. Tomorrow I get to vacuum. Time to check out my email and see what the town and the local theaters are offering. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everybody wants money here. Everyday they want money. Zooming around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not bored, just missing kids and grandkids. They are close enough that we drive by and converse from the driveway or patio so it could be much worse. I've started writing letters again. To cousins, old high school friends etc. not email or texts, real letters on real paper. My sister and I have always written so I'm just expanding the circle. Something in their mail besides bills and pleas for money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I keep busy enough. Sometimes less so. It's not as though there aren't things to do, but I don't always want to get involved in those things at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Tabor and Friends, i still have plenty of yard work, enough to last until spring. Upswing on that, nipping vines and raking leaves doesn't cost a heap of money - no need to buy (buck ugly and overpriced) exercise britches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. filling time is not one of my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried a little of the Zoom meetings but it really wasn't my thing or hasn't been yet. I do more reading online than I used to do. Cable news is definitely not somewhere I like to go (used to do more of that). Bird watching is more my thing for now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is always more to do around here whether work or for pleasure than I have the time or energy to get to doing. Sounds like you’re keeping more than busy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the "bug" the other day...and did a little clean-up of stuff on my computer! There is a lot of "stuff"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.