Thursday, May 14, 2020

Are You Home?

We are still on an upward curve in terms of infections and deaths, but our Governor is slowly and not so carefully opening the state back up. We are bravely driving up to see the children and drop off garden plants this weekend. No touching and using masks, but because the drive is over an hour and we are visiting both families, we will have to use one of their bathrooms. I am going to ask them to run the fans for a while before we go inside and for their sakes run it for a while after we leave. Odd the things we request of our children these days.

I will pack some snacks because I am not sure we can feel safe eating anywhere...even outdoor sidewalk cafes!



Above is some Pasta Fajoli I made a while back.  Haven't made this since I was a teenager!

I am feeling a bit useless these days as the friends that I have called have no needs, although I do check on them.  Guess I just have solid pioneer friends.  My kids are also doing well and so glad that all four of their careers are still moving along with full employment.  That is perhaps what I worry about most when I let my mind wander down that "What if..." vein.

My gardens are super lovely as the weather has been perfect spring.  Coolish with just enough rain to make the plants grow!  And, as usual, the natives fight hard not be overlooked and overshadowed by the full-blossomed hybrids.




Anyway, I may stop by your place this weekend and drop off some tomato plants, some pepper plants and some basil. Will you be home?

16 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip, and enjoy all of being out and about
    Thank you, but I'm good/have all the food plants I can manage this year.
    Lord willing, and the sun is out, I will be outdoors someplace this weekend.

    Interesting post about the future.
    Places where bathrooms are, I notice are now closed. That makes Zero sense in consideration of supporting people that are working aka travel to work. I believe closing a public restroom is cruel.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Super flower pics.

    Have a good trip. You seem to be taking whatever precautions you are able to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also still on an upward curve... although they try to find ways to say different. And you are brave to venture out to visit family. We talk, text, and Skype - but haven't seen anyone up close in almost 2 months. But if it means that they all stay well, we can do this for however long it takes. Do enjoy your visit and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be home, but you might need more than lunch for this trip. And you won’t need to bring the plants, either. But thanks for the offer. We still have a long ways to go in this Covid thing, so I hope you can get your batteries recharged and keep on chugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am feeling better since I am able to hike and walk around in my neighborhood park easily. But I do wear my mask, pulling it down when nobody is near me, and slipping it back up otherwise. It's hard to breathe properly with one in place. But necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be home. I am always home but are you up to the air flight and would they let you bring the plants? lol

    No governor nor president is going to tell me i have to go out until I feel it's safe. That's not yet. I hope that the businesses all use masking, sterilizing and social distancing. They can and then it won't be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Infections and deaths are declining in our area (PA), although at a painfully slow and halting pace. You're lucky to be able to see your kids. We only see ours electronically via Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you're still doing fine, Tabor. Keep taking good care...enjoy your time with your family. Stay safe on the roads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep, we'll be here. glad everyone is doing well there. and infections and deaths are still rising in Texas too but our governor is opening the state anyway. some people are wearing masks out in public, some aren't. we have our share of the selfish and self important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Death's are rising here too. My bookstore isn't open yet nor is the pool or the library. I'm wearing masks that Tehachap made. Life seems balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you love them, take them to my friend whose garden i help weed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photographs are beautiful Tabor. I'm wondering if the pink flowers are Crane's Bill? Your pasta fajoli looks pretty good too, making me think it's time for supper. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be home, finally after week in hospital. UTI,s horrible and they found out they were giving me the wrong antibiotic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wrong antibiotic? They are overworked!! I have had UTIs and hate them and hate the pain.

      Delete
  15. Basil please. Oh, how I love the fresh stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.