Sunday, August 18, 2019

Blessings Needed

We have returned the dog and my kids are home from their trip to Europe. Many lovely photos posted of all their adventures so I could pretend that I was with them. 
I called my daughter yesterday to see when to bring back their pet, because their weekend errands were probably too busy for them to pick up the dog, although they offered.

During the call my daughter explained she would be leaving on Sunday for a visit to an old college friend several hundred miles away. As I asked what caused this after her being away from work  for  several weeks, she started to cry and I realized the pieces of a puzzle I had seen on FB in the prior weeks. There is a precious 9-year-old angel with a smile that can stop your heart suffering from brain cancer. Options given to the stricken parents were surgery and treatments that could keep her alive for 6 months to two more years, but that was all.

I was not able to sleep at all  last night while I thought about the sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers and grandmothers and grandfathers in this family and how much shock and smothering pain they must all be in.  

Today we gathered dog beds, crate, toys and food.  We dropped the dog off and exchanged many hugs, all of us unable to put our minds and hearts around this.  

Naturally not feeling like posting much in the next few days. Also, hoping for miracles. 

14 comments:

  1. There is nothing anyone can say! Prayers for everyone involved to handle what comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no pain like losing a child. My prayers are with this precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. I can't imagine anything worse :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tragedy. She is definitely an angel, and she must be suffering terribly. I send her and her parents my sincere wish for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any parents worse nightmare! So, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for the pain and anguish the girl’s parents must be feeling. And hope that the child’s suffering will not be so great. Modern medicine can do much but curing terminal cancer requires a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so devastating when a child has a terminal illness. One wonders how parents and family can cope. Sending you hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never know how lucky you have been until the undeserving around you are afflicted with such pain. God Bless the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Still praying. Too many cases of this these days. Love is what life is all about! Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.