Sunday, July 28, 2019

North to Colorado

I am supposed to be exercising and here I sit blogging. Hubby is off at a booth in the museum talking about bugs(insects), but after two loads of laundry, washing dishes, finishing my bill paying, I passed to peruse my photos.

We met up with the brother and his wife and went to the mountains of Colorado to their home for a few days before heading out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a week of fly fishing (just the guys) and hiking (guys and gals). There was good food, a bit of shopping and even a pedicure that we managed to squeeze into the days. Then we headed south to Berthoud, Colorado for dinner with my youngest brother and his wife and then on to Denver where we stayed for a few days with my sister and her husband. Still digesting all the emotion and activity and may get around to posting photos when I have actually come back to earth. The trip to find where we scattered my parents' ashes is a full story in itself. 


The weather in the mountains of Colorado was rich in green.  They had rain and this made for unusual plant color in late July.  Weather was hot and dry, and just as hard to endure as our humid heat because it was up closer to the sun!

Below are some photos I took while we walked around my brother's mountain house.  



This green is the back "lawn."  Gorgeous!


This above was taken at a nearby resort ranch.


Great place for weddings.


Flowers were abundant due to the rains.



This was my view on an early morning walk before the others got up.  The mist formed over the waters each morning.  I did not run into elk, moose or wolves...but they lived here.  I saw an early morning Bald Eagle fly over the yard as well as a Blue Heron, western Blue Birds, sparrows, and hummingbirds. Even got a few photos.




16 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Sounds like a perfect time with family. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of the valley with the mountains in the distance is gorgeous. the planet is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow your photos don't give me the impression of heat. Such a beautiful place. I love the image of the mist rising from the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great trip, when you decide to post photos i will probably drool over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks ideal! The trip sounds like a great family get together, memories and stories shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thumbs up for the fences and mountains photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe from the tone of this post that you found peace and joy and love along with the beauty of the places you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green of that valley and hillsides is what made me fall in love with Tehachapi. Although, that said, our hills are now turning their summer brown in color. We're in a bit of a monsoon season right now so hopefully, we'll get a bit of moisture. A nice rain would be welcome right now. Love that lake photo--must have been so peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures and the house is spectacular-- built to fit the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building is part of a large resort. My brother's house is much more modest.

      Delete
  10. Superb images Tabor, and I love the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home friend. What beautiful places you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:52 AM

    Beautiful area of our country! There is a time for blogging and a time for exercise. Thanks for the pretty photos...never been to those states. Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.