Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Not What You Want to See

It had been a long and hot day at a booth working with children and teenagers and parents and grandparents. There was a gentle breeze blowing through the large tent that started to increase as the festival ended.  The tractors were back in the barns and the animals were being loaded onto trailers.  Our phones all kicked in with severe storm warnings as we hurried to break down chairs, tables, tents, and put assorted giveaways back into boxes.  By the time we were back in our cars and heading out to dinner somewhere, this is what I saw from my car window!





It moved through rapidly and dumped a bucket or so of rain, but moved on and left sunshine by the time we got to the restaurant.  

18 comments:

  1. That was close. Good thing you heeded the warnings and hustled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So glad it was all okay after seeing skies like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive sky!we just had 8" dumped on us in 7 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nasty. So glad it was only rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a frightening couple of weeks for us in the Middle Atlantic States, but oh my gosh, it pales to what is going on in the Midwest and south. I count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It happens that way sometimes here, too. It blows up quickly and is gone just as fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive looking clouds -- like they mean business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...they would give me a scare. I've been worried about you as I waatch the weather from here. Glad you hade it to a dry dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. Amazes me how the sky changes -- how I can take all kinds of photos of sunsets and cloud formations -- each so very different. Just had a pouring rain here for ten minutes, complete with thunder. Now the sun shines and not a cloud in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, I've never seen clouds quite like that. Glad you didn't bet blown away or soaked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little ominous for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those clouds would have me diving for cover, that's for sure. I always think too much grey in the clouds is never a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Powerful looking storm clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! Amazing photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.