Monday, May 27, 2019

Adding a Little Clarity

Below are two photos which had the same editing as the photos in the prior post. The second photo below got the one additional tweak and since this is architecture I am sure you will see what I was working toward. The first photo in the prior post was not the best subject for my examples and I apologize for my laziness in rapidly selecting it. These two below (back to the book barn) are much clearer in the edited changes.

As I wrote, most photographers use the first version, but I tend to favor the second. It avoids the lens distortion. It makes the building more static and not so energetic. What I did was edit the perspective making the vertical lines fit an over imposed grid in the software.



Do you have a preference? 

10 comments:

  1. I prefer the second one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might prefer the second a little. I don't necessarily mine a little distortion in buildings, however. Sometimes. It depends. On what I'm not sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one. The first gives me vertigo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one looks like the place is leaning over, i've never known the lens could distort a picture like that. The second is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, a solution to slanted buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too prefer the second...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y9ou have corrected the parallax.
    I like the first uncorrected shot because there is more and richer color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, the second has more of a draftsman feel to it. If I were using that first one as subject for a painting I would definitely want to be straightening it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be the second one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first version looks more natural to me.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.