Friday, February 01, 2019

Back in July


Cleaning and organizing photos is a great way to stumble upon fun memories. Back in July hubby and I went to Washington, D.C. to the Building Museum. It is not a public venue but private and supported by a professional association and you must pay a fee to go inside. They have some very interesting displays and I wish I went more often. The rest of the museum, like most museums, has various rooms addressing issues with habitat, history, and relation to buildings. Maybe someday I will post about that aspect because it is certainly just as interesting if not more so.  For more on the museum go here.   The temporary exhibit held in the grand hall on the day I was there was certainly compelling.



Above is a description of the primary areas...mostly for children. Below is the living room every child would like to have!





In some of the areas, there were challenges like this one above with black marbles and a plastic tube maze. The whole exhibit was mostly in black and white!



There was an area for even more fun and the toddlers took advantage.  I did blur faces a little as a courtesy to those who were in front of the lens.



Note, the mom/guardian is taking her own photo here.


Lots of room for fun.  This area above looked like a destroyed building.


The building is a classic and when this room is cleared it is used for grand events.  My daughter's company holds some formal parties here.  She has seen it in its true glory.  I will go again.

16 comments:

  1. looks like a fun place for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come and see it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super awesome! That's for sharing...what a blast for adults and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fascinating place that few know about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adults playing with architecture makes a fun place for kids to play too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's really cool! I would love to play in there, and it's been a l-o-o-n-g time since I've been a kid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a place i would enjoy exploring, it would be fascinating to learn more about architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat place. I wish more houses were that creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly does look fun to see, play for both children and adults.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand that the NEWSMUSEUM is in deep financial trouuble. It looks as if they have a great show going on now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are selling the building and moving ... maybe to Silver Spring, MD? They are private and cannot compete with the free Federal Museums. Sad.

      Delete
  11. I recently discovered the blog, "Letters from a Hill Farm." Today's entry talks about rereading the Kemelman Rabbi series again. I think I will try them next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the John D . MacDonald series taking place in Florida when I lived overseas decades ago. I attempted to re-read and while it was OK it was not as enjoyable as it was when I was younger and more isolated.

      Delete
  12. Fantastic work of art and imaging, pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.