Sunday, December 16, 2018

Scrooge Got His Comeuppance

I was lucky to get the Grands last week. Mom and Dad had one of their dressy Christmas parties in the city with an overnight in the hotel. We took the Grands out for sushi (a fav) and then home for hot cocoa.  


I did not have tiny marshmallows so cut up some big ones.  The next morning I asked them to decorate my tree. It was kind of a surprise when I remembered that hubby and I had donated our full-size artificial tree to the thrift shop last year and only had the small artificial tree to decorate. But it also meant that they were the age where all I had to do was select the boxes of ornaments with the right colors and tell them to put on the decorations. It was fun seeing them discover new (to them) decorations and put stuff on the tree. 



There was no argument or shoving or anything. They worked exactly as if they were Santa's elves! They alone brought the season of joy into my heart.



(I elevate it on a small wooden box that normally holds other things in the basement.)  I put the cover around the base and then I get a really lovely Christmas tree with an aura of specialness this year.  Scrooge has retreated.



14 comments:

  1. No Scrooge or depression dare apply here. Absolutely delightful entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like having kids decorate to bring a smile to my face. For years, we would go to Grandma and Grandpa's second house with all of our stuff (we couldn't use it here with the cats), and i would let the kids decorate. Those were the most beautiful, lopsided trees we ever had, and all of us enjoyed them immensely.

    messymimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to see! Kids are the real reason for Christmas joy, and your grands show how much they are enjoying it. Brought a smile to my face, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!Joy has come to your house, brought by children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious moments, Tabor. They did a great job too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small trees are very fine for older adults who have had plenty of big ones in their lives. Glad the kids enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they did an excellent job! I love the picture of the grandboy holding the glowing ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Tree Trimming!
    Ornaments can hang in all sorts of place around the house. Lamp shades are especially nice to hang an ornament or several.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures and the tale of the Grands that accompanies them. Your altered photos are great. The next time I put up a tree I will place it on a box. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tree is beautiful and I often put something on a box to elevate. Our grandchildren growing up and half of mine are all grown up.
    Life goes on it seems at a faster pace. Special thanks to you for your warm comments sent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas and children...go together like cheese and crackers - love and marriage - happiness and goodwill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the tree is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and a happy time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.