Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankfulness As Promised


This list was made without forethought for order or importance. Just a thankfulness list off the top of my head in a stream of consciousness thinking.  I am thankful for:

  1. As a student I used to savor the few minutes I might have each day for pleasure reading, and now I have the luxury of reading close to fifty books a year.
  2. I can usually stay in my pajamas until noon if I want. Actually, on some days I can stay in my pajamas all day.
  3. I can afford good coffee.
  4. I love taking photographs and I can make time to do what I love.
  5. I have a husband who puts up with my lack of patience.
  6. While I make every effort to look good, I am thankful that it no longer bothers me how old I now look.
  7. I have had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people around the world in my long life.
  8. My health is stable these days.
  9. My husband's health is stable these days.
  10. I have grown close to my trees and birds and they tolerate me.
  11. I can have clean sheets as often as I am willing to change the bedding.
  12. Science
  13. Chocolate
  14. The wisdom of good leaders.
  15. My children in my life when they have time.
  16. I am thankful for blog readers and even more so for commenters.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




17 comments:

  1. Very interesting list. I too am grateful for just about everything you list here. And #3, good coffee, would be top of my list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And chocolate would be on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is much to appreciate. We have it pretty good to live when and where we do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I COPIED YOUR TREE WORDS
    DID NOT THANK YOU OR CREDIT YOU
    WILL SOON
    BUSY MORNING
    FILLED WITH THANKFULNESS
    WHEN 8 WEEKS AGO
    I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL OVER ON THIS EARTH
    THANK YOU
    THEY ARE MY WORDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimicry is the best flattery.

      Delete
  5. i am happy to read all you are grateful for in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here's to the things on your list we don't have, but can work towards. Like #14, at the top level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply wonderful stuff. REally nice notes too. I seem to be in a fog today, but I hope that it will pass. Very thankful for rain last night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Hope you had a great day with your sweetheart.

    messymimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great deal to be thankful for and it is always good to reflect on what brings contentment and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. an excellent list. it could be mine except for a few varying details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list!
    I'm trying to stay in pajamas longer. It is a skill to learn for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed reading your list. I could check of most of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were looking for a good black sweater for me, and I rounded the corner to see an old, fat woman in the mirror. Me. And I didn't recognize me at all. I have already reduced my portion sizes, and I am once again in the pool. All those things won't get rid of the wrinkles. Being almost 80 will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE go through this together. With or without botox.

      Delete
  14. You do have a lot to be grateful for! I skipped that list this year. Too many folks picked this holiday to pass away. Lost another one this Turkey time. Always a bittersweet time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love Pajama days and the fact that I can buy good coffee:-)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.