Saturday, September 29, 2018

Foggy


I am on a cocktail of decongestants, antihistamines, antibiotics, etc. I take them all each day wondering what all this chemistry is doing to my body's chemical balance. How do I feel.  Pretty good, actually.   I am not facing serious illness right now, just a few nagging symptoms.   I am sleeping like a baby each evening even after having an afternoon nap...drugs are wonderful. (I am also having lots of dreams of me working on projects...house shopping or room decorating or trip planning...weird.)


No one knows why I have  this nagging cough and next week it may be an x-ray that I take.  I feel pressured because in two weeks I am  leaving for  Hawaii for a trip planned months ago with my son and DIL.  I lived in Hawaii for a year and look forward to seeing old friends and showing the state to my son and DIL.  We will also visit the big island, but with my health, not going near the volcano due to the  gases.

Now I will go an read your recent posts  using my foggy brain.











16 comments:

  1. Get well soon, Tabor. I always love to see your header pop up in my news feed. Sending you lots of healing vibes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better before you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Foggy Brain, I do so hope you cough less and the extra shows nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers continue for you good health, and now a safe trip
    I've been told to eat yogurt to balance system when taking antibiotics. I don't know if it works or not, but I enjoy the yogurt anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying you figure out what’s causing the cough, and that it’s easily remedied. It would be lovely to have you all better for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on the mend now and should be better for your wonderful Hawaiian trip. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Tabor....it sounds like you're on the mend. Have a wonderful time in, Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The volcano has stopped erupting and there isn't quite as much of noxious vog which is great. It's been horribly hot and muggy the last few days, but I'm thinking it should start to cool down now that we're going into October and November.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't get too attached to antibiotics, enjoy your holiday in Hawai and come back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. En re your note: I think, despite the tucks, the quilt will be ok. I did take them all out, I think, and I carefully marked where I need to resew. Today I will take it out on the lawn and double check before I move on. It's just too big for my little bernina. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the fog lifts in time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that you are not well yet. I hope you can manage the trip to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  13. like everyone else I hope you are over it soon. still dealing with my own health issue. enjoy Hawai'i.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been far too long since I've stopped by to visit your (and other) blogs. Your images on your photography blog are as beautiful as ever.

    Have you considered that your cough could be a symptom of GERD? I had a ridiculously persistent and overwhelming cough some years back - which tends to recur for weeks with even minimal use of an anti inflammatory. Whatever the cause, I hope you're over your cough soon and that you thoroughly enjoy your upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your trip is pleasant and your head will be out of the fog.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.