Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Follow Up to Before

Spending time "faking" the photos with change in style and not content.  My hellebores (Lenten roses) are blooming very nicely this week under my bare sugar maple.  They have become the subject of this experiment in photography.  The first is the original with a little change to exposure to lighten it.  Then each photo below has a layer which changes the original in a different way.  This is not a change in content, just lighting and tone.







10 comments:

  1. I love playing with all the tools we now have in photography. Your pictures reminded me that I must check out my side garden today to see how my Lenten Roses are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great experiment! Must try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good subject, shows the changes well
    What photo editing program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Photoshop PE (the cheaper version) and a filter called Topaz Adjust as well as lots of dodging, burning, blurring, sharpening, coloring etc.

      Delete
  4. Pretty flowers in any shade and tone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My photoshop is even cheaper and very old. I like those. Yup, but you could push the contrast a little more. Lovely things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it's fun to play with photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how photos can be digitally altered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying this class and learning so much. I never heard of Photoshop PE. Lovely effects, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun... I should do more of this.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.