Thursday, December 17, 2015

Rambling

Finally a day that is gray and cold and rainy.  I like this forced coziness.  Maybe a fire in the fireplace tonight?  I have been able to focus on brightly colored ribbon and paper as the soft drizzle wets the ashy tree trunks.  I have all my presents wrapped and waiting for the package delivery of one last minute purchase.  I am done early and telling myself NOT to think of one other item that someone might like or that I would like to give.  I am addicted to giving stuff  to people.  It does give me pleasure, but it sometimes is a burden to others, so am being fair this season.

(They still haven't repaired my PC but it looks like they have to wipe the hard drive and do a complete factory re-load.  They saved my data but it means I have to find/remember what software I had on that PC and try a reload from the manufacturers if I can find the Serial numbers!!  OR buy the software again.  An expensive holiday season.  I am not going to let this stress me, because that is bad for one's health.)

I asked hubby to take me out to an early dinner this evening and then offered we come back and watch a movie on Netflix and pretend it is a Friday date night.  Hopefully seeing something we had missed seeing over the years.  I need that!

I am heading up to the city on my birthday.  Hubby claims he has a Scout meeting with grandson up there and that is why we are going, but that seems strange to me, so I am  thinking they are trying to surprise me for my birthday.  I will act surprised.  It seems to be a Scouting week as we are attending the Eagle Scout ceremony of a friends son on this Saturday.

Tomorrow I have nothing scheduled to do, unless my PC is brought home and then that will be a headache filled day.  If not, my day is precious and free.

Tired of all this rambling and boring thoughtlessness.  I have a story from my trip to Florida and maybe I will write that soon.

11 comments:

  1. I guess technical problems with computers is just the price of using them. Sigh. This reminds me to update my Mosy configuration. (I pay them a monthly fee to back up stuff, including software on my computer.)
    I hope you have a fun birthday "surprise"--either that or an interesting scouting event. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see - cold and rainy and dark outside. Yes. Cosy inside - yes. Some packages wrapped here, but more to go. Me too on giving too much.
    My lap top is working fine but it just had to share my lap with the kitty, which didn't work too well. Know a few lingering cat hairs are tickling my face.
    There will be functions and quiet days interspersed until christmas. That's a good thin.
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are not surprised as that would mean no party. Practice that surprised look it is half of the fun for the party goers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of surprises but I do hope you have a wonderful birthday, and that you pull off looking surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were without computer or phone access for two days. I hadn't realized how much time I was spending on my lap top. Must move on to doing something that is truly helpful in the community.
    I try to buy local and/or make my presents. Always down to the wire with one or the other.
    Happy Birthday and many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope none of the possible surprisers reads your blog! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing but gray here these days. It will have to get cold for that to change, and that doesn't seem about to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:16 PM

    An open day with netflix isn't a bad thing at all.

    I was educated the other day to the underlying meaning of "chill and netflix" among the younger crowd. Who knew? For me, it actually means to stream a movie.

    And happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! A friend has a birthday just before Christmas, and we had a luncheon for her yesterday. We told her we're changing her birthday to June because the roads are always bad for those who have to drive from out of town. Hope your computer woes are solved without too many problems. Exactly a year ago, I started to run out of storage on my hard drive on the Mac. It was time-consuming to move/delete photos and backup on an external disc, but I did finally get it done. I now have a new hard drive with everything working properly. I'm also trying not to save so many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your birthday is wonderful. We had snow yesterday but I mailed the last of my go-away gifts. Today is cold and slushy, also nice weather for some home time. Our internet has been intermittently very slow with a couple of stoppages. No mail for three days last week due to floods elsewhere. Small price to pay for being dry and safe at home. Some gifts may be late. Oh well. No one will turn them down in January.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May you have many happy returns of your birthday, and i hope getting your PC back up is easier than you think.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.