Saturday, December 20, 2014

Trippin'



Celebrating a birthday weekend.  I am not big on birthdays anymore.  I am just happy to be healthy each year.  I was big on birthdays when I was younger...much younger.  Then there was a decade or so when my birthday was an afterthought by those I love because they were so busy with the holiday season.  Now my birthday is a hit or miss event.  My daughter is headed to Hershey Park for a tour of the Christmas decorations and a visit with Santa with her kids and her good friends.  My son "may" be on his way north to spend the holidays with his wife's family.  Therefore, Hubby was feeling guilty and booked one night in the city for the two of us.  We can tour the decorations on the mall and tour a museum or two, which really is fun for me and an 'OK' activity for him.  We are also eating somewhere(?) nice for dinner.  I will keep you posted.

Weather is going to be cold and sunny tomorrow, but rainy the next day, of course!!  Outdoors tomorrow and indoors to museums on Monday is the agenda

The photo above was one I took from the Kennedy Center last spring.  The view is of an area only blocks from the Saudi Military Attache's Office, the American Institute for Research, the Ritz Carlton, a number of embassies, and naturally, a Starbucks.   Such a dangerous and magical town is our Capital.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I thinks an overnight to the city sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, birthdays are nothing to get excited about for me these days. I still take the day off and do only those things I want to do and I will generally buy myself a present but I expect no hoopla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a picture of Washington from the perspective of your picture. Very interesting. And of course a very Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I grew up in Arlington so those are familiar sights to me. Fabulous place to visit - an infinite number of things to see.
    Happy Birthday and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many happy returns of the day to you! Hope the restaurant is birthday-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!!!

    I hope each event goes as planned and perhaps a pleasant surprise or two pops up. :o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photo. So, that's the Potomac?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life changes as we get older and we just have to learn to adjust and make the best of it. Your husband's plans sound really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Twas my daughter 's birthday yesterday. Hope you have a nice day on the town.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated but sincere wishes for you having had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like my kind of simple birthday celebration. Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Tabor :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.