Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Copacetic

The title above is for my husband.  That describes him perfectly.  I am far more complicated and no one would ever give me that title unless I was well into my second bourbon and soda over the holidays.


As I wrote in the prior post we headed to the museums in the city.  I selected only the 'special' exhibits in the art museums because I had seen the ongoing ones months before.  I did stop at the Museum of Natural History to see the photographic exhibits.  We had seen the wildlife winners a while back but did not have time to stop and see the exhibit of Wilderness Forever Photo winners.  So, this was our second chance.  I had viewed the photos online because I do link to a number of photographic sites.  The photographers ranged in age from young to old and professional to amateur.  Each photo was more breathtaking than the last.  While I spent time studying composition, lighting and clarity and read the details on the wall, I lost my husband!

I turned 180 degrees scanning the floor.  There I saw his bald little head at the end of the hall in front of the canoe-in-the-sunset-on-the-boundary-waters photo.  That had captured his imagination and he, in turn, had captured an audience for the story of his canoe tale!


I waited patiently at the end of the hall, snapped a few more photos, and then sighed and leaned against the entryway.


He was in his full glory and they were enchanted.  At times like these I think of how rich we could be if he was a tour guide.  I also think that if I die before him, I will not have to worry about him being lonely!

The story did not end with this photo because as they drifted away and he and I were looking at another photo down the line about five minutes later, the lady on the far right came up to me and smiled and asked if she could ask my husband just ONE more question!  He does have that baby boomer appeal, I guess.

14 comments:

  1. Are you married to Larry David?

    He looks as if he is just as entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is he copacetic, but he must be a good raconteur as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabor, probably are proud of him and frustrated all at the same time. I think it's delightful. People love to visit with someone who has that warmth. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous photograph of someone sharing their love and enthusiasm for something dear to them. I imagine he is a wonderful tour guide, in his own way. Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful talent that your husband has. Everyone likes a good storyteller.

    Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He does look like Larry David. I am also married to someone who talks up everybody he meets. Extrovert meet introvert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's in his element! Perhaps he should hire out to give tours, he could set his own hours and work as often or as little as he liked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What precious photos.

    Merry Christmas to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I smile you made my early morning.
    as I remember one like that.
    Merry Christmas
    to you
    and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo of a man in action. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! You are married to a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:30 PM

    I love it! Especially that last photo. He's in his element!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh! What a guy and you are a lucky gal to have such an interesting husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! That is great!

    He does not look like Larry David. He is much, MUCH better looking!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.