Thursday, December 04, 2014

I Do Focus...Now and Again

I have just finished ordering some Christmas gifts online while watching the news on our Public Television station.  I immediately segue into my email which links me to an Australian marketing talk video about digital art works and passive income.  I can watch surreptitiously along with the audience of 20-somethings drinking wine and laughing at the Aussie's jokes.  Almost at the same time a poet comes on TV to discuss her art and because she is black, she says she is pained by this time in our country more public with its racism, finding it hard to write and I hit the pause on the laptop to watch her for a while.  I love poets.  Then I can watch for 15 minutes another lecture in one of the digital courses I am taking.  I am taking two alternatively...one on writing sentences and one on cooking, both things which I have vast areas in which to improve before I die. 

I count birds at the feeders briefly each Wednesday and Thursday intermittently throughout the day for Cornell University and note that today I saw two Towhees and then grab my telephoto to catch the way the sun hits a leaf and take that photo to manipulate soon.

I just finished reading "The Goldfinch" novel...not at all what I expected.  What did you think of it?  Do you know Fabritius?   Do you like his work?  Hold that thought, I have to go load some Christmas CDs.  It is the 4th and I have not even started listening to Christmas music!  Oh, I see the folder where I need to create a file of photos for my Christmas card...not sure at all which ones reflect our 2014 the best...there are so many....

Yes, I am compulsive and rapacious about what is left of my life.  I love so many things and jump from one to the other, rarely giving them the time they need to congeal as complete thoughts before some other idea crosses my mind.

18 comments:

  1. Hey, I know exactly what you m.......ovie.. catch you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I focus on what else I need to do when unable to in another place!

    Bird counting sounds fun.
    Got A LITTLE SHOPPING DONE THIS WEEK-

    Woops cap lock again!sorry-

    This is SnaggleTooth in another machine's account today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ryn: the photos are from 2010

    ReplyDelete
  5. REally? Bird Counting? That sounds very interesting, but I'd not be good at identifying one from another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I got lost in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A woman of eclectic interests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me dizzy!
    I have not read Goldfinch, but I will probably take a stab at it sometime. People either loved it or hated it enough to never finish it. Since it has been those whose tastes in books tends to be more similar to my own, I have but it off in favor of the pile of books that I really want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It tends to be the season to push a lot onto a person. Not likely a good time to start a project requiring going 'deep.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. you just described pretty much my daily routine. I have to stop myself from jumping around when I have to get a task accomplished. always so many things that catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire you Tabor, for your eclectic interests!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:03 AM

    I'm so glad it's not just me! (Now...what did I sit down at my computer to do?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have shorted out this morning lol, just drinking coffee and this afternoon I'll resume whatever it was,

    ReplyDelete
  14. My wife didn't enjoy that book, but I've written a post on the painter who created the little bird on the cover. He died tragically young.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't get your courses confused or you will be writing appetizers, and making sentences of food!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always make me wish that I was making better use of "the rest of my life".

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are taking it all in, be glad.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.