Thursday, August 08, 2013

Put Your Feet Up, I Dare You!!

This past week was a non-stop round of taking vegetables to the food pantry, processing vegetables for the freezer, creating a brochure for the museum, packing for a trip to the mountains planned by my daughter for hubby's 70th, hiking in the mountains, watching little ones and breathing whenever the time allowed.


Hubby dressed much nicer for this hike than he usually does!!

What follows below are the "energy" photos...see if you can keep up.





My new daughter-in-law was complaining discussing mosquitos and how they always loved her.  She said she had sat down at home and put her feet up on a table and a mosquito bit the bottom of her foot.  My daughter (mother of three all below the age of 9 and middle-management consultant who works 50 hour weeks) let her jaw drop before she said, "You put your feet up??  I cannot remember the last time I could do that.  I do NOT want to hear about your tiny mosquito bite."  She did say this with good humor.

This is my new DIL seeing if she can still do a cartwheel.  (Another energy photo.)


This is me looking like I am lost in thought or making a Greta Garbo pose.  I am actually panting and leaning against that rock for support!  I stayed there until a jogger ran by me and shamed me.  (No comments on the color combo and the dangly earrings.  I was barely holding it together this weekend!)

I have not been able to put my feet up until yesterday.  But tomorrow I get the grandchildren again for four days.   So today I have to plan menus and food shop.  I love these kids more than anything in the world, but I do so want to be in the moment with each of them, and that requires lots of energy!

19 comments:

  1. You are looking good, Grandma. and yes, keeping up "in the moment" is important. Rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ending the post with your photo and its self-described caption. It's given me my first laugh of the day.

    Pictures of family having fun, especially involving nature, are always a joy to see.

    Maybe your superwoman daughter can put her feet up for a few moments while you're huffing and puffing with the kids. EnJoy!

    And Happy upcoming 70th to your husband. He looks quite dapper in his kiking attire.

    ps. I'll be waiting for the story that you mentioned on my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention, as your first commenter said...You "are" looking good and seem to be fit. Don't worry about the orange and pink (?) because most importantly, the hair was rockin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs what a friend of mine calls a "feets up" every day, even if only for 5 minutes.

    You are right about the amount of energy it takes to keep up with kids, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look good. I always need somewhere to lean or sit on a hike. What a beautiful spot. I like putting my feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job faking a lovely pose to catch your breath:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YeeHaw, lov'n your pic! My granddaughters and I think your rock'n the color choices. We wear that combination frequently. As for the expression... looks like you might be requesting divine intervention to keep you from smacking DIL... Thanks for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing
    knew you were somewhere
    as I had been checking for updates.
    Relate to much you share
    Did it when your age
    now 10 years older and
    I cannot keep up :)
    Keep doing what your doing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm exhausted just looking at your photographs. I recently spent a few hours with my wife's coworker's children and I can't image four days with little ones. Your work is cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos. Summer is grandkid time here also. We have two or three depending on the day. They are of the age to entertain themselves mostly; so the big issue is to be sure they don't do that doing something unsafe. Fun though and especially for the two male cousins (three years apart) who are having their first time of it just being them to stay over (when our dil and son aren't staying over to enable youngest grandson to also stay :) Fun but as you said-- tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great!! I'd be leaning against something too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everybody is looking good in this post. Very lovely family time.

    I cannot even imagine having a mosquito bite on the bottom of my foot. I have had them in some annoying places, but that would really be a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last time I hiked with my grandson, I remarked on his energy. He so thoughtfully pointed out that the young have more energy than the old. Of course, when he was pooped out and wished I could carry him, I got to point out the the old have more stamina than the young. Enjoy those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just think you two are being very brave. We gave up in the end, and we invited on grandchild at a time to spend the weekend. Even if it only happened once or twice, those were special bonding moments for us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots that put a big smile on my face! Love your Greta Garbo pose. Classic. I just signed up for another day babysitting the boys in the fall so I could be there when Bryce gets off the school bus!! It's an hour drive so I'm bracing myself. And I've just come off a marathon of sorts and could use a rock right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came to your blog via Rain. Yes, I am rendered breathless by the action photos. If we could only bottle the energy of children!

    http://my86400sec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been doing a lot of looking after grandkids lately.I'm a great education for them. Their mothers are good at setting things up so we can have a good time together with things reasonably well organized.
    When they visit us I plan a lot of things ahead. Especially meals,since they are always hungry.
    I keep it as light and positive as possible.
    It's different from parenting and has taken me some time to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:16 AM

    I love that photo of you - very glamorous, especially with those bright colors and dangly earrings! It looked like an awesome hike. Have fun with those grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo! I love that pose! You look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.