Monday, July 15, 2013

The Big Day

Eventually the big day arrived. We got up early to head to the country club to deliver cookies, the arbor (homemade by the father of the bride--SUCH a do-it-yourselfer) and the sashes and buttons.  The bride taught everyone how to tie on the sashes which were purchased and how to add the buttons (homemade by the mother of the bride).  We had 165 chairs to cover!




We walked around outside to decide the exact placement of the arbor and tree table and the aisle for the chairs which were to be put out by the rental company in the early afternoon.  Two tents, one for the string quartet and one for the soloist, were already up.  Then the 'girls' were off to get their hair and faces done.

Some of us looked much better than others.


Some of us were fascinated with our new shoes.


But at weddings, once the show is underway, we are all beautiful.  I took so few pictures, because as the mother of the groom I really did want to take time and enjoy the ceremony.  My small point and shoot camera was acting up in the humidity and so got only this blurred photo of my daughter.



And above it the ring bearer, the flower girl and the animal rights activist...all my grandchildren from the sweet lady above.


...and the handsome groom waiting for the bride.


The happy married couple exchanging vows.

The centerpieces were wine bottles that had been saved with wine cork votives.  The flowers were simple but elegant in a fresh way.



And then we danced till...the DJ went home.  He was a great DJ and got everyone out on the floor.  Below in the last photo is hubby and son putting on some moves.  No photos of me, I am waiting for someone to send me some that show the dress.  But thus far just one portrait that doesn't show hair or dress.  The mother of the groom is not a photo opp it appears!




As an aside, hubby's suit jacket and tie were off by the third dance!

17 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! People included. :) Nice how everyone came together to to help create the scene, and especially nice how everyone appears to be having big fun. Did you get on the dance floor with your grovin' husband? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding, bride and locale for it. My kids had outdoor weddings and I really do feel they are special and worth the extra planning to make them come off. Hope a photo of your dress makes it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place for a wedding and such a joint family venture, very cool. Enjoyed seeing the cute grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weddings are such a lot of fuss and bother, and then the dancing starts! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:25 PM

    What a beautiful wedding! I'm glad you were able to grab a few shots then just enjoy yourself. I sympathize about the mother-of-the-groom photos., A few finally materialized of me, thank goodness, and I hope some do for you, too! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one was a smile maker for sure! Best wishes to them, i hope they have a long, beautiful, happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    This reminds me so much of my daughter's wedding in Ithaca, N.Y. What an occasion that was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just truly happy and joyously happy. Thanks so much for sharing these lovely folks with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for sharing
    the bride beautiful and handsome groom - I smile as I look at your images.
    my oldest granddaughter will be marrying in about a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful wedding, and it looks like everyone is having a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Thank you for a glimpse at such an important day. What a lovely couple. I love the picture of them dancing together. She is beaming.
    And your daughter and grandchildren are just beautiful.
    What a gorgeous bunch of folks!
    I hope you can find a picture of yourself for us! :)
    Glad it was such a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have lovely children and grandchildren!
    And it appears a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bride looks so happy - radiant is just the right word. And your son didn't look too anxious waiting for her!
    Your daughter looks too young (and beautiful of course) to have those three super children.
    That post has reminded me of my daughters' weddings and has really made my day. (My son has yet to follow suit and I suspect he's the sort to pop into a registry office and tell us afterwards.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the photos and the wedding party are beautiful. Love the colors.

    But the little white bear almost made me cry. And I love granddaughter's green purse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Tabor. Still hoping to see one of you. And I just love that one of the three kidlets.. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful photos! And the colors - they're beautiful! Love the shot of the three grands :) Both my daughters and one of my sisters had homemade weddings. I think they're the best despite the amount of work that goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful wedding, Tabor!
    Great pictures!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.