Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Exhaling

The mother-of-the-groom is back, her house is empty of relatives, the wedding photos are waning on FB from all the friends of the bride and groom, tons of food has been eaten in both states, and people are finished with reviewing how - beautiful, cute, funny, energetic, loving, young-looking, young-acting, well-behaved, wonderful - everyone was.

Back at the house only one argument hot conversation ensued on a conservative/progressive review of how education is handled by public and private institutions.  It was between a brother and brother-in-law, and they both were actually in agreement on about 90% of the argument, but couldn't see that.  It flared and the fire died and the rest of the visit went without incident. 

The bride and groom are landing in Australia as I write this...both for some snorkeling/diving on the Great Barrier Reef...then touring other parts of the country and ending up in Sydney.  They are taking three cameras...so I get to live vicariously in a few weeks.

Today I have about 60 loads of laundry to do and hope to get back into an exercise routine...although I no longer have the motivation of fitting into the fancy dress.  Photos?  You are asking  for photos?  I did not take any of myself, but maybe someone will post one or two soon.  Soon, after I have adjusted to the landing, I will write about the glitches and stitches that come with a wedding ceremony with 100's of details.

22 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about it. Today we visit a possible venue for our daughter's wedding next summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a stellar family event altogether. Company = laundry doesn't it? Still its worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good it all went well and you can now just enjoy the memories and any photos that you get. Wedding photos can be the best for the joy of the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than an occasion over and everyone happy!!
    Enjoy the peace where even some laundry brings solace.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it is over and it went well and now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your summer. And photos coming along as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The things that went wrong are the funny and wonderful things you remember, some of the jewels of the day.

    Best wishes to them and i'm so glad you can get back to "normal," whatever that means for you. Or not, if you'd rather not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All in all it seems this wedding went off without any major glitches. Now you can shut down and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Congratulations!! I was in your shoes just a few months ago. Enjoy this downtime - I look forward to photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DO hope you'll share photos of Oz! and some of the wedding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I want photos, and all the stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That period after the event when you slowly come back to 'real life' can be almost as enjoyable as the event itself, I've found. Don't rush it, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want photos!

    I hope the washing doesn't lead to too much ironing. I can cope with washing but I'll do anyhting tp avoid the ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scriptor - Tabor loves to iron! :O

    Also - Tabor, I know what you mean about "I didn't take any photos."

    I found out I was missing the actual experience of life's events when I was behind the camera trying to get the perfect angle, the perfect shot. So, I quit taking the camera. If I did take it - I shot a few, then put it away. And, enjoyed the event!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see everyone and then nice to see them all leave. I anxiously await some pictures of the mother of the groom in her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad it went well. Sweet memories are built, aren't they, with family gatherings of any kind.

    As for the "discussion" that flared .... I find often that two people have a lot in common, but when it comes to politics, they tend to focus on the small differences, not the commonalities.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to hearing more. I just read someone's blog post on Australia, Auckland I think. I saw a dress that reminded me of yours while shopping yesterday. If Josh ever gets married I know I won't be wearing something like that, probably barely need shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha...those conversations keep it interesting...smiles...sounds like it went off well though...look forward to the story...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good time. Yes, maybe a little tiring, but I am guessing lots of good memories were made!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You survived, and they are hitched - sounds like the family had a good time. Relax now (after the laundry). PS It's not hot in the Mts but in Denver, a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear it all went well. Laundry is perpetual, like dishes and dust bunnies. Hope some photos appear soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now that the wedding is over, what'cha gonna do for an encore?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back to the daily grind, yes? HA! That is sometimes the hardest part. The letdown after the big party. But all went well and everyone had a great time. Can't beat that. ONE heated argument, when family is concerned, is nothing! Sounds like success to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.