Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spam You!




Get a clue!  I dare you to prove that you have made one dollar in this enterprise of driving us all into an irritating frenzy of pushing the "remove forever" key.

If you praise my blog post or say it is unique among all you have read or wonder how I have been able to market myself so well, your comment will be marked as spam and deleted.

If you say you are committed to my cause, praise my writing style or ask if I would like advice on getting search engines to find me more easily, your comment will be marked as spam.

If you ask if I know that my text is running off the screen and  tell me I may need to change browsers and ask that I visit your site at the very end AND provide a link, your comment will be marked as spam...and thus deleted.

If you write in barely acceptable English using bigger words, stilted grammar and clearly do not know how to write a comment post you will be marked as spam.  You will not force me to use word verification for my busy readers no matter how many times you comment!  I can see through you!  I win.  You lose!

My HTML will trump your XML.  The ICMP will find your traceroute TCP/IP  ASAP if enough of us complain about this system!  You can Phish and Pharm all you want but we will win in the end because we use blood and hearts to fire our electricity and catch our readers.

But since you are a soulless computer and select me via a random algorithm clearly ignorant of the fact that this stupid spamming does not bring anyone to your site, and you will not actually read or understand this post anyway, I can only hope for more successful spam blocking via another computer filter developed by someone else with blood in their veins in the future!  It is the war of the computers while those of us with hearts hope a server gets unplugged.

22 comments:

  1. You tell 'me girl!, I always wonder about the purpose of Spam. Is it designed to drive people crazy? I can see no other purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. They only hit you when you reach certain numbers. One of my blogs has them and the other hasn't; so I am guessing regularly 50 or more readers and you end up on their lists.

    I have had wondrous success at blocking spammers once I gave up and ended allowing anonymous commenters-- but I lost some of my regular commenters because they won't register for an ID. My email though was swamped by them. The worst is one of my friends, who uses her real name to comment, gets marked as spam by blogger and I always have to read through them carefully to find hers. Why blogger thinks she's spam is beyond her or me.

    Frustrating because I agree-- they get nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I hate it when I click "unsubscribe" and not only does NOT unsubscribe me but it realizes it has a live fish on the other end and sends my address to a hundred other spammers. You think I would have known this. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spam is just plain irritating. I don't get too much as I have very few readers, so there is that...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A week or so ago, I was using the word verification. This week, I am deleting the stuff by hand. I sort of threw up my hands in disgust when the spam began arriving in crylic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so irritating, and i don't want to have to turn on comment moderation for everything, so i'll continue to ignore them or delete one at a time. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get much - obviously not popular enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously. The spam bots have been active lately. Why do they seem to pick posts from 3 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spam!!! A pimple on our asses!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. It needed to be said, and thanks for saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you don't allow anonymous comments, you get VERY few spam emails. (don't mark me as spam!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so happy to hear I am not the only one with this problem! the last time I enabled comment verification on my blog, I lost a bunch of regular commenters. so I took it off. I like Hilary's idea of not allowing Anonymous spam and may look into that. fight the good fight, Tabor!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen, Sister!
    I refuse to reinstate word verification. Sending these spammers to spam hell has been working. I am getting fewer intrusions now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An unfortunate and unwanted result of a successful, popular blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not allow anonymous. Most of my family cannot comment on my blog. Supposedly I have had over 160,000 views in 8 years and that excludes my own views. I would like to know who some of those people are but it is not worth the hassle. If they want to comment badly enough they will register with blogger. I am glad they like my posts enough to take a look. I am thrilled with those I have come to know who do leave a comment like YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did a post on spam comments. I copied and pasted them (minus the links) for all to read their kooky glory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One thing that helped me a lot was closing comments on posts after two weeks.
    I still have to look at spam comments in case the filter has caught legitimate posts. It's easy to delete the spam with one click on my service.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get a Mac. It has a wonderful spam filter.

    I wish I hadn’t said that because a) it’s unwanted advertising and b) the spammers will probably find me regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8:15 PM

    i didnt realise spam was anything to do with the number of visitors. hmm. that's something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ha. you get them...lol...i get so much spam each day it is ridiculous...i will say they are getting more creative to try and get around the filters...but...my blogger filter catches most of them...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just finished writing something about how the majority of spam comments are compliments! It's so counter intuitive to just turn them down. But I have learned to also!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.