Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Reruns#

The smooth face of a butter-cream surf-sanded shell
The marvelous smooth pre-kissed cheek of a grandchild


The starfish shaped prints in the sand after flight of a watchful great heron
The tiny hand print in sand of an elated child who came later


The familiar hand-hold of your husband at the end of the movie before you enter the car
The rose petaled floor of your son's well-planned engagement evening*


The feathery drift of dozens of yellow butterflies against a blue sky
The last smell of a sunset peach rose before the first petal fall
The earthy taste of a sun-kissed tomato


The icy sip of a glass of something cold and bubbly
The scattered song of a teenage titmouse dancing on the roof



The giggle of a toddler dancing in the grass
The jazzy rhythm of bold cicadas hidden from view
The gentle burr of a hummingbird at your back


and
The magical sparkle of an ever higher climbing fairy flight of fireflies
against the black silhouette of a tree before the blush of the moon.

 #Perhaps a little sweet gooey like too much pink cotton candy at the fair...but it is honest, honestly.
 *Details, perhaps, in another blog post.

(In answer to the prior post she was most amazed that the statue did not wear underpants!)

26 comments:

  1. Lovely....I liked the comparisons with Nature and people....and the photos made it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular group of memories, so beautifully photographed.

    I wish I had as many tomatoes as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on with all your might, Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty is worth holding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beauty all around us in so many forms...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each and every one so beautiful. What a memory-filled season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tribute to summer. And now it is September. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So full of life and joy! Thanks for this.

    I hope the young couple will always be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos; especially the rose-laden floor and candles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos, beautiful words. How I envy you your tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remember this when we are in the depths of winter and you'll feel warm and happy all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rose petaled floor - Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of your summer's essence- wonderful bird pics, n love the footprints in the sand with the handprint! I finally saw a Heron here last week.
    You must've learned that juvenile Titmouse thing at the bird-call class- I can't tell their calls apart. There are tons here along with Chickadees n Nuthatches that live in Mapleheard's many holes.
    So many tomatoes- how do you eat them all?
    Your firefly imagery made me see it- Sounds like you really enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is magical from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Tabor, I liked this post. It wasn't really over the top - when things are that wonderful, no need to apologize for the adjectives ;)

    Love your granddaughter's observance in the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. RYN: Thanks for your kind words. I have no professional training in photography, but I did live with a photographer for ten years. Add to that the 8 years I spent in art schools. :) Only after I got here and looked at your work and the work of others did I learn to crop things tighter, to highten the color, to..... LOL What helps is that I have Photoshop Elements 10....some of which I know how to use. Still, there are shots on that entry that I would crop tighter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. A slice of Tabor's life. Much sweeter than any sugar-laden pie or cake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderfully described "reruns" of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. RYN: I obviously wasn;t clear. It's annual physical time here. With a mother and grandmother who had mastectomy's, I still have a mammogram every year. Yes, I get a microscope to the skin and the teeth...I may have some crowns, but the teeth are mine. LOL Tomorrow the GP, and with any luck, I'm done for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very poetic! Can you do it all again? Yes, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done. So much so, in fact, that I may some day steal the idea and do a similar post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So gorgeous photos, especially the romantic rose petaled floor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous photos and rekindled memories, Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous5:57 PM

    I love the cheeks on that boy. Do you have more, I think his cheeks are soooo smooth looking!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.