Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bawdy (Body?) Personality

Here is another sculpture from that sculpture garden that I visited with my grandson earlier in the month.  This garden was created as a lovely quiet place by parents to honor a special daughter that had left them way too early,  so it was with great thankfulness that I followed the paths.



I brought my granddaughter when it was her turn to visit us.  She came primarily for the little fairy houses that had been created by various people in the community.  But she also loved the paths and ramps and ability to kick up her heals in a big open space.  Running is one of her favorites things to do.

Below is a photo showing her reaction to the same statue of the girl in pigtails that my grandson saw (That photo is in a prior post in case you missed it).  Her response was very different as you can see.  I think this says something about her personality and perhaps something about the fact that she is very familiar with the female body and not so much in awe as perhaps my grandson was.  (I will tell you that her comment was on a different part of the body than would be most obvious.) What do you think about my thoughts?




15 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll guess she's seeing the way the girl's legs are crossed? What a great place for kids. Little kids, big kids, aging kids, I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing she commented the long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la! What a darling little girl. That is such a pretty place, too. My grandkids also like to run everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let’s see . . . she wants her lovely hair in braids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems to be pointing at her knee. I can't say that I see the fascination, but to each his (or her) own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a doll. I can't begin to guess but I hope you'll tell us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Ah - what a magical place that seems to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, can't guess. She's not pointing at anything in particular but she seems very surprised by something.
    The interesting thing is always what kids will see compared to an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you must tell us. I always think kids "see" things that adults miss. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I think she is pointing to the area between the statues' legs. And I am not positive, but does the statues have pubic hair showing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...I think she is pointing to the area between the statues' legs. And I am not positive, but does the statues have pubic hair showing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's cute! You're so lucky to get to visit one on one.
    Mine are all in twos, n usually visiting with the other two cousins, so I get 4 all at once! Can be a bit challenging with the high activity level with all boys too- unless they're watching tv which they can't be pried away from!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Questions...Questions...grandkids are full of questions which is always interesting to me. We often go looking for answers together. They keep us young and enthused.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.