Friday, February 03, 2012

Gifting



This is a photo I took about two years ago when some little white ducks swam close to the dock at sunset.  I had it printed on canvas and it is 16inches  by 20 inches approx.  I actually, accidentally, printed two of them and have this as an extra.  It has been sitting in plastic under my bed, and the recent painting of that room brought it once again to my attention.

I think it would make a nice give-away to one of my lucky blog readers...but I have no idea about the best way of going about that.  Any ideas??  Should I just ask if anyone wants it and then draw names from a hat of the responders?

8 comments:

  1. Weeelllll, don't know how to go about a public online 'give-away' LOL but I LOVE it!!! What a breathtaking photo to have taken. That was a fabulous shot on your part, Tabor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ronnie Bennett did a give-a-way earlier this year. A drawing is a great idea.

    RYN: That response was so funny. I laughed out loud. When we lived in the big house, we almost crowded ourselves out. We had a giant sale and decided never to clog our lives with things again.

    Earlier this year I was ruthless with the mysteries. I gave whole shelves of them to the Discovery shop. All this latest collection did was tighten up two shelves.

    Count me in if it's a drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A kind of draw or lottery would be my choice too. I don't know anything about these 'random selector giveaways'. There might be work involved in that and I tend to shy away from that.

    Re your comment: estate? what gave you that idea? It's a garden of 1/3 acre, and a small field. But it is true that house and garden sit on the edge of a National Heritage property, including a castle ruin, and that I have three private gates taking me straight into that landscape! The river runs through it. So I have all the benefits and none of the work or responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Keep it simple. And by all means, toss my name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture! If you choose a lottery, I'd love to participate in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great idea! The photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely join contests but I love your photos. I also love the idea of giving to charity and good causes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tabor - I didn't realize you had two blogs!
    Oh my..
    so much to catch up on now, so much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.