Thursday, October 20, 2011

If Wishes Were...

I know he is trying to be helpful and showing concern but:

I wish he wouldn't ask me if I wanted my morning coffee and then totally forget.

I wish he wouldn't volunteer to vacuum the main floor of the house and then go downstairs to the basement and forget to shut off the vacuum....or forget to put away the long snaking cord that lies like a booby trap in front of the bathroom door. (Yes, it was due to a phone call.)

I wish he wouldn't make a simple stir fry and find it necessary to use every counter space and most of the cooking utensils in the kitchen.

I wish he would accept that dishwashers are environmentally good appliances and not wash 70% by hand and pile things in the drain until they begin to fall away.

I wish he could make it safely back to bed at three in the morning without banging into the bed, swearing, and causing me to slide up against the headboard.

I wish he wouldn't go grocery shopping and forget to bring back the one item I asked for.

I wish he would remember to finish the laundry and not just start it as I struggle to get the wet clothes out of the machine and into the dryer while balancing on one foot.

I wish he would check the mail before bringing it home and finding that no less than 5 of the envelopes were supposed to go in the box next to ours.  (I must admit that this mail snafu rarely happens.)

I wish I liked chile three times a week.

I do not have to wish that he stays in a good mood because he is the eternally happy guy no matter what he must face.

15 comments:

  1. Okay, I back-tracked and saw that I have been derelict in my staying current with my friends' daily lives. :/ I'm so sorry about your foot, woman! After having read this post and laughed like a crazy woman, I have to ask---are you one of my sisters? :D I could put one of their names to the end of your post...LOL I hope you mend quickly, and that he picked up the bon bons for you? I LOVE your header photo. Awesome! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are married to Jeanne Robertson's husband LB (Left-Brain). You could do your own stand up. LOL At least he is trying to help and that is more than can be said for most husbands at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least he's in a good mood and has good intentions...... could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish away, but enjoy the happiness around you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How blessed you are to have him to wish upon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember that song "Wishing and Hoping, and ......"
    You are living that song my friend. And now that I have planted that song in your brain, here it is for you to sing along with Dusty Springfield:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKArgEGEMtg

    Sally
    http://sallysramble.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better than being alone though, sometimes I think it comes down to just a warm fanny in bed beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Start with the dishes. Hand washed dishes aren't clean enough. Hugs hime and stick a sign up over the sink. LOL

    You are wonderful, and what does your ankle look like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Sounds like a serious case of Attention Deficit disorder to me! Yeah, I like chili - but not THAT much!

    Sally - I don't know about Tabor, but I have the song stuck in my head, now.

    Mage - ack! Don't tell me that about dishes. My dish washer is leaking and I am washing all mine by hand. Rats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this too shall pass...I hope! But I do understand that it is annoying when it takes you longer to fix what he didn't do than if you had done it yourself to begin with.....Good Luck.

    Funny the word verification for my comment is "able em"...at least I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri - I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...I'm so sorry that I missed all the pain and icing and agony as it was happening. Poor you.

    I have to say, though, now that you seem to be on the mend, that I laughed myself silly over your list, as I kept recognizing myself over and over and over...right down to the mail. I've never brought home someone else's mail.

    I do hope you are on the mend, friend. And very thankful that the damage was not worse than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be thankful
    there is someone there
    through this injured time.
    I love your list
    and could have related to
    it in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just this morning I was thinking, "I wish he could fold the towels right" (the way I showed him so that they fit in the shelf and don't look like they were thrown in there).

    And he never fails to fill the toilet paper in the holder backwards (when he does it: rarely), reminding me how of different ilks were are.

    As for the rest of it, I thought I was reading about my husband when reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I did not have to do all that myself....kidding. Hope you feel better...

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.