Saturday, December 05, 2009

Style Maven, NOT

Among the many gifts brought home from my husband's recent trip to Indonesia was the silk batik fabric below.  It was a gift from the people he was assisting.  It is supposed to be used for making a shirt.  It is so lovely and since I no longer sew, we will have to find someone who can turn this into something usable and something to show off.  Maybe a blouse for me?



Below is a photo taken on the "short-sleeve shirt" side of my husband's closet.  You can tell from the aloha shirts and the multicolored shirts that he has Pacific and Asian tastes.  At first glance, one might think that he was gay.  Well, he is gay, very gay...but not that way.  He is a strong man, secure in his manhood to be able to wear this stuff.  He actually was once a hunter and lifts weights and does SCUBA.  I wonder what Queer Eye for the Straight Guy would say about THIS closet inventory?


11 comments:

  1. Well that was fun to read!
    Had to double click on the shirts to get the full effect. He's a confident man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The batik is lovely ..I still have some myself.

    And your husband is a bold and snappy dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful fabric. I think a blouse for you would be wonderful. I like your husband's shirts. I don't think his inventory looks gay in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the QE guys would love his shirts. Nice fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was more struck with the way the shirts hang in the closet...some facing left, others right. haphazard closet, indeed! my OCD took over, and i forgot why i was even looking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you should just frame it, or make a wall hanging out of it; it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric is beautiful. You will use it wisely. Also had the thought that if he grew weary of a certain shirt - you could make a blouse from it. Looks like some beauties hanging in that closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple of shirts like those in my closet. Although they don't tend to come out very often and I didn't buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric. You'll have to show us whatever you have made out of it. Oh how I wish my husband was gay! His shirts are standard plaid and the only variance is some have cowboy snaps and others have buttons. Believe me he's not the other kind of gay either -- that there is anything wrong with that! LOL

    Sky, you don't ever want to look in my closets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabric. I bet you can get a shirt for him and a sleeveless shirt out of it for you.

    And my Geeeee-zer has hundreds of flowered and colorful shirts. He has so much fun wearing them. Not gay at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that rose colored one and think my husband would look good in that! I confess I do buy most of his clothes and that I think I have better taste than him.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.